Orb.com Remote

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by xceph, Feb 18, 2008.

1. xceph

xceph New Member

Hi All,

I was wondering if there is any such device that would allow me to control my orb.com stream via my ipod touch. Basically i want to watch streaming tv on my television via TV out and mycast.orb.com, but be able to say change the channel with the ipod touch, so the ipod would effectively have to relay with my PC, I do not want to watch the television directly on my ipot, just change channels. Is there any such application to do a task like this in existence?

Cheers
  2. herbal77

herbal77 New Member

can you watch streamed movies i have on my computer through the Ipot?
  3. PAEz

PAEz New Member

I dont know of a way of controlling this easy, but maybe you could look at something else?
    I dont know anything about IntenetTV thanx to being a dialup user...but its just stream stuff isnt it?
    Could VLC work for you instead?...it plays streams, you can make a playlist of streams, and you can get an OK web interface for it here....
    http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=216206
    ...instructions on how to use it are there

and to herbal...
    Id answer that if it was in its own thread

Please Register or Log in to view images

...nah, what eva....You can stream movies that the iTouch can play from the computer to the iTouch using a web server. Try Abyss and use the Directory Listing option, I dont have any good example of code to use tho. I made some up, but it can actually crash the iTouch to the point of having to restart and that takes a bit of time (it was scary

Please Register or Log in to view images

).
  4. beezy

beezy New Member

herbal, yes. will VNC, but the frames per second arent fast enough to catch up with the video, so it lags