Orange Activation

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Smirnoff, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Smirnoff

Smirnoff New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Hi!

I have a simlocked iPhone from Austria (not Australia, it's the small country near Germany =) ). It's locked to the Orange service.

I wanted to ask if it is possible to activate it with a Orange UK SIM because I don't have a Orange SIM (I'm in Germany) and eBay just offers UK SIM-Cards.

bye, Smirnoff
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I would say give it a try if you have an Orange UK SIM; not sure if I'd buy one though if you weren't certain.

If this is your iPhone that is in your info you can unlock it and it shouldn't matter which SIM you use then.
  3. Smirnoff

Smirnoff New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I don't get you second sentence. What were you trying to explain? =)
  4. beefstrudel

beefstrudel Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    He is trying to say if you have an iPhone 3G you can unlock it and it would not matter what SIM you use in it
  5. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Well since at present the iPhone doesn't support Orange in the UK you wont be able to use the sim till you jailbreak and use ultrasn0w
  6. Smirnoff

Smirnoff New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok I see this is developing in the wrong direction =)

I don't want to use the Orange UK Sim, the point is just that on hacktivated phones, Push Notifications aren't working properly, so it is advised to activate it through a legit simcard and after that, I'm going to use Vodafone through ultrasn0w anyways

Please Register or Log in to view images

So this is just about the iTunes activation process to gain a valid ID.
  7. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ok thats not what you were asking originally, I am an orange user like yourself. I ended up getting a free O2 sim off the net and use that to activate, however it does not fix the push issue after jailbreaking with a non-hacktivated custom ipsw.

There is however a fix through cydia which I can confirm as working, you will need to add the following repo: http://cydia.iphoneil.net then search for push fix, install that and maybe just reboot your device and you should be fine, I have had no issues so far