Opinions on which Jailbreak to use, it's like looking for a needle in a haystack

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by RatPackSopra, Mar 18, 2009.

1. RatPackSopra

RatPackSopra New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    The very first thing I want to say ...I've VERY sorry for starting a new thread, but it's like looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack when you have to look for certain things.

I've never done a Jailbreak, but I'm far from a simpleton ...with that out of the way I've waited a while to do my 2nd gen and from reading through a handful of threads it seems that there is some debate over which untethered JB is the best at the moment. I've seen people mentioning the Quick Freedom version and then others say "OMG don't use quick freedom, it installs random system32 files." then another person mentions using another one and of course when I go to look into using the one they mention the first thing I see is a warning that it's a Beta version. Yuck, does anyone have a Tums?

Is there a better version to use right now?

Is there a list of things I need to think of before I perform the jailbreak?

I realize I will lose everything I have in the unit, but are there some tips to follow that might make it easier to start over?

Should I de-authorize my itunes account before starting over?

Will all of my apps still be available to reload and will they be looked at as legit apps after the jailbreak (why couldn't they have used another term other than jailbreak so we could abbreviate it? JB just doesn't look right when you start typing it out.) LOL

I'm a MafiaLive ADDICT and I'm not sure what I need to do to get that game restarted also, so anyone that has done it please clue me in.

I could only ask about a 150 questions, but I'll stand down for now and let that barrage get some replies first and as always thanks!
  2. dgxnil

dgxnil Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    quick freedom FTW
  3. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Not really. Just use the one you like best. Simple.
  4. RainbowKT

RainbowKT New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i did mine manually but i heard quickfreedom is the best
  5. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
  6. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Quickfreedom is easy, safe, if you have any problems just PM me.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Sportsmaniac1322

Sportsmaniac1322 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I did mine manually, and if you're not a total n00b to computers, it shouldn't be hard for you either. If you do it manually, you don't have to worry about bugs with GUIs either. Here's the tutorial I used: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155816.

As for your other questions, don't worry about de-authorizing your iTunes. It shouldn't affect anything. Also, make sure you sync all the apps and music you bought over WiFi onto your iTunes account before you jailbreak. That'll make it easier to get them all back after you jailbreak.
  8. VanillaDeath

VanillaDeath Member

It's more like looking for hay in a haystack

Please Register or Log in to view images

Edit: But really, I patched the NOR manually on mine to go from tethered to untethered, and I used QuickFreedom to do a full jailbreak on a friend's.