Opinions on my broken macbook

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by Will Finlay, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    hey guys, I bought my mackbook in november last year from the apple store. it broke down for the third time a few weeks ago and is now away for inspection to see if i can get a new unit free of charge seeing as its pointing towards the unit not being "Fit for purpose"

The part that keeps failing is the track pad, the click becomes non responsive every few months and when i got my macbook back the second time although the problem was fixed (temporarily)the bottom panel looked like it was bent and had almost been ripped off by the repair company.

was just wondering if anyone had had similar stories or problems with their macs or macbooks etc. and what your opinions on my situation is?
  2. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    My little brother has a pc and the trackpad left click or normal click for you sometimes fails and to restart it you have to spam the trackpad press and left click really fast. Left click is normal right click is like extra options.
  3. iMikkie

iMikkie Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    What a let down, after purchasing a top of the range laptop (macbook) you shouldn't experience problems like this. As long as you haven't damaged it yourself (for example dropping something on the trackpad, or being rough with it), then Apple should either

A - Fix / replace the trackpad
    OR
    B - Replace the unit itself.

I understand how you feel - often repair companies don't treat products as well as they should and often they can also get damaged in transit. You should perhaps take before and after photo's and then report back to Apple or the repair company themselves and demand compensation!

I wish you all the best for the future - as this isn't Apple's usual standards.

Dont take no for answer, and keep following it up until your satisfied.

Mikkie

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. MrNuggets

MrNuggets Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    my mom was trying to hide my macbook pro (school exams coming -.-) so it felt on the front-left corner and got it bent, but it functions PERFECTLY! and i went to the apple store and the said that its no covered by the warranty and it will need like 200$ to fix (thats about 740 AED)

so i was like "f@#$ it"
  5. Oliver Barker

Oliver Barker New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Never try to fix it yourself. Always get a replacement.

My old white MacBook the only problem I had was the case wearing away and cracking at the front (its something to do with the magnets). But not a lot of people know that this is a design fault and Apple will repair for free. Mine's already gone back twice!
  6. ahonorstudent

ahonorstudent New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I got the perfect solution: Give it to me and get a new one.... JK , If it is still under warranty(which it is) go back and get a replacement(like the people above posted).
  7. Will Finlay

Will Finlay Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    yeah, its away for inspection and if it is the same fault (which it id) then i will get a replacement. they tried giving me some speach about how it HAS to be repaired 3 times for the same fault then break again for it to be replaced, but i was not buying it, because tbh if it got repaired again it would only be a matter of time until the trackpad busted up again and by that time it would have been a few month later possibly after november when my warranty runs dry.