Opinions on GH: Worl Tour?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Abcmsaj, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I've never had a GH or Rock Band before... Like EVER.

And I want one for Xmas.
    So do I get the GH5 or Rock Band 2?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I'd go for Rock Band 2. Rock Band has one vast online system -- all Rock Band 1 songs, and all Rock Band 1 DLC is compatible with Rock Band 2 and will be for Rock Band 3 and 4 etc. That gives you over 500 songs to choose from by the end of 2008 (currently over 400). New songs are put up on the marketplace every Tuesday without fail, with at least one whole album a month. Harmonix, the creators of Rock Band, also created Guitar Hero. They quit after Guitar Hero 2 to create Rock Band. Guitar Hero is now developed by Tony Hawk developers Neversoft. I also think the RB interface is much more streamlined. It looks more mature and professional and the character design is miles ahead - Guitar Hero characters look and animate like retarded robots. Guitar Hero: World Tour does have a song creator tool, which I think is one of it's only advantages but Harmonix are working on a standalone song creation game to go alongside Rock Band, rather than putting a lesser one into the game.

As for songs, I can't tell you which set-list is better. It is entirely down to opinion. In my opinion Rock Band 2 has a much better and more varied list, and obviously with the 500+ DLC list it's always going to be superior. Guitar Hero: World Tour has no such plans to deliver weekly content, and as happened with the last 3 games once you have bought next years edition all of your songs will probably no longer be compatible. Since these games require a lot of money, I prefer a game which will be cross compatible with all future incarnations.

Having said that all instruments are cross compatible now. You could buy the Guitar Hero instruments and play Rock Band with them or vice versa. So I think to get your moneys worth it's probably best to buy the instrument set which interests you most and buy both game discs.
  3. Led

Led Banned

I concur
  4. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It's GH 4. It's going to have a music studio where you can create your own song beats. To me, that just crushed Rock Band. Plus the better drums. Get Guitar Hero 4.
  5. Led

Led Banned

What about the ion rocker?
  6. Clownassasin

Clownassasin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i say get rockband 2, and if possible, ask for the ion drumset, and the guuitar, thats what im gonna do(hopefully lol) even though i wasnt a big fan of rock band, this one looks interesting
  7. chefsta

chefsta Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    which will probably cost loads?
  8. JohnnyAndroid

JohnnyAndroid Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    GH: World Tour is going to come out and devestate, the should have been update called Rockband 2. It's going to be so much better, always has always will!

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. fear_2670

fear_2670 Banned

Damn, thats one long post.
    Go for Rock Band, it's better.
  10. InaudibleWhisper

InaudibleWhisper Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Please, tell me exactly how Guitar Hero: World Tour is going to crush Rock Band aside from the fact that it has a song editor (which Harmonix are working on as a full release). Less songs, not as much DLC, worse graphics, worse developer... yeah, it's totally going to crush it. You play your 80 songs, and I'll stick with my 224 Rock Band songs I currently own and have been playing for over a year, and that's before I've even purchased Rock Band 2 which isn't released here for another month. Rock Band crushed Guitar Hero 1.5 years ago via the very creators of Guitar Hero themselves.

Yeah, your "Always has, always will be" just reeks of ignorance. Always has? Well you'll be happy to know that the people that created Guitar Hero 1 and 2 created Rock Band. If it has always been good thus far, that is due to the folks behind Rock Band, not World Tour. World Tour is being made by a bunch of new guys who have just ripped off Rock Band and used their same old fashioned 5 year old interface which was made by the Rock Band guys 5 years ago. At least Harmonix updated their interface when they moved on with Rock Band.

"Always has [been better]" ... Guitar Hero 3 is better than Rock Band? Really? Really? lol.