OPINION: The ills of Firmware 2.0...

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by hakk79, Jun 3, 2008.

1. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Please Register or Log in to view images

Well hey guys. Recently I was browsing the forums, and I was reading alot of stuff about 2.0 and the App store. As we all know, 2.0 and the App Store are coming out together but recently we heard that Apple will be strict with rules about Apps.

Quote that explains this point:

This makes it seem that App Store is good for games, but not that good if developers want to make other apps that are similar, but not limited to things like customize, summerboard etc.

When Apple announced the App Store and Steve Jobs said that "We’re excited about creating a vibrant third-party developer community with potentially thousands of native applications for iPhone and iPod touch," I was very happy.

Lets face it, Installer is kind of crappy at times, and some applications and malfunctions because of the Jailbreak can cause you to mess up your iPod. But if App Store does not allow developers to make cool apps because of their "App Rules" then what the hell is the point of updating to 2.0?

I mean, there will be cool Games, but in terms of REAL Apps? I am not sure at the moment.

This makes me feel slightly jumpy because I am stuck between something insecure but free like the Jailbreak and something Secure but strict like 2.0.

So what should we do?

You tell me...

hakk79
  2. Linux

Linux Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Good point...
  3. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks man, but this really makes me feel insecure between 2.0 and the Jailbreak! I don't know what to do,

4. EMForce

EMForce New Member

i think its simple stay @ ur current firmware until 2.0 stuff is out then in a month things should have a stable or nearly stable feel,until then no rush enjoy your ipod touch thats why you got it

5. YouTouch

YouTouch New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Im sticking to 1.1.4 probaly all through summer just because like evey other firmware, it takes a while to get kool stuff. I just can't wait to see what kind of hacks will be made with this new 2.0 firmware.
  6. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Think of it this way, when 2.0 is first released, don't update, they will have only crapy apps so no pressure, just wait for some news, you wont be missing anything
  7. RIptide775

RIptide775 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I agree, just wait a few weeks and someone will have jailbroken the new 2.0 firmware so then u can get the best of both worlds
  8. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    I don't think you get it at all! But we will see shortly!
  9. EMForce

EMForce New Member

hit the nail on the head, just keep your eyes on this site

10. d00m42

d00m42 Member

Yea.. I am sure there be good features and new things we didn't know because there is just too much hype and speculation to be 100% sure about anything. The "App Rules" are pretty stupid, I agree with you there. However I believe 2.0 will be jailbreakable with pwnage, as people have been pwning 2.0 betas for a while now... I am using a pwned 1.1.4 and there are absolutely no problems with its functionality so far, with Installer or anything.