Opinion? T-Mobile+iPhone

Discussion in 'WWDC 2008 discussions' started by ianoreo, Jun 9, 2008.

1. ianoreo

ianoreo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well, I'm really considering the new 3G iPhone and I'm on T-Mobile. There will obviously be a hack allowing T-Mobile customers to use the iPhone as a phone. Well, I can't say that for sure but it happened with the first iPhone in a matter of months after the release. Although 3G may not be the same story. But with what you're getting with this phone, I think I'll live without 3G and live off my simple T-Mobile data plan

Please Register or Log in to view images

I do know that T-Mobile is rolling out 3G this summer but that it will only happen city by city rather than suddenly cover the whole US. Again, I don't know if T-Mobile's 3G can even work with the iPhone though. My main question is, for someone who is on an unlimited text/talk with T-mobile, and who doesn't feel 3G is necessary because they are fine with EDGE for now, is it a bad idea to get the iPhone?
  2. vanden9

vanden9 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well for one the 3g iphone wont work with t moble yet.... BUt if it did all you be getting is a extra gps....
  3. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    T-Mobile has a 3G network, last time I heard.
  4. letseatthefetus

letseatthefetus New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i watched the WWDC thing and at the end they show a list of carriers that are supporting the iphone. i saw t mobile as one of them. so... no need to unlock if you have t mobile.
  5. ianoreo

ianoreo Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I think that's for the iphones that are in other countries.