[OPINION] iPod Touch 2G: More than Just a Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chaofan, Dec 8, 2008.

1. chaofan

chaofan Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    With all these threads about jailbreaks and asking when its coming out, I'm surprised by the huge amount of people complaining about the current lack of a jailbreak. Sure, it'll help customize the hell out of the iPod Touch 2G, but a jailbreak isn't the be all end all of the iPod Touch 2G. It's as if people are depending on the jailbreak to justify the purchase of the iPod Touch 2G.

Perhaps people should forget about the jailbreak for a while, and perhaps start using their iPod Touch 2G. It'll surely help out with the waiting.

The music function is per standard: there's bound to be a billion songs you have waiting to be listened to on the iPod Touch 2G. The audio quality for the iPod Touch 2G is decent and the coverflow feature and menu navigation is fun to play around with. Podcasts are also great, being able to download your favourite shows every week is a sure-fire thing to keep you using your iPod Touch 2G while waiting for the jailbreak.

If you can't really give two-cents of care for the music, the videos should keep you busy. Grab a converter, convert a few of your movies/anime/TV shows and watch them anywhere. The video for iPod Touch 2G varies on quality, but nothing beats being able to watch videos everywhere.

And if THAT doesn't appeal to you, grab a free account and download some apps. Sure, not all of them will keep your attention for long, but if that happens to be the case there are a million apps out there for you to chew through. You don't have to get the ones that cost either: There are some free apps out there which are a lot of fun and should help keep the iPod Touch 2G interesting.

All in all, if people are turned off by the fact that iPod Touch 2G's jailbreak might take a while to come out, there's just so much more to the iPod than a jailbreak. If people are annoyed that its taking such a long time, it's time to utilize your iPod to its fullest, because doing so would make you realize that the iPod Touch 2G is an amazing device, jailbreak or no jailbreak.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Stop waiting for a jailbreak and play with that iPod!

2. Reilly

Reilly New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    this is the best post about jailbreaking 2G since a long time

3. Ben B

Ben B New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Agreed.

But, having said that, I can't wait for a JB to come out, so we CAN experiment and maybe improve the Touch experience.
  4. andree

andree New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I don't know what's so logic about this post, most people bought an iPod because of its main purpose: listening to music. That's the main use of the iPod!!
    Everything else is in the second plan...

Spending so much time describing the features of the iPod Touch is something everybody on this forum knows, and thus this post is useless and a waste of time
  5. juliust71

juliust71 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i couldn't agree with you more

great post
  6. chaofan

chaofan Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes, the main purpose is listening to music, which is why I wrote about it. As for describing the features, I know that everyone knows about them. But people have been aching for the jailbreak so badly that it seems everyone's forgotten what the iPod can do.

Hence my post.
  7. Reilly

Reilly New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    some people have to be reminded that the Touch is a cool gadget even without jailbreak.

if you don't like this thread don't visit it, for some people it might be useful

8. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    exactly people. when it comes down to it, the JB is a luxury. get down the basics of the ipod and have fun with it.
  9. newton1221

newton1221 New Member

i agree, as badly as i want a jailbreak the truth of the matter is that everyone is spoiled, they really are, i mean for all we know the next 10 ipods wont get jailbroken and things like emulators, winterboard, etc. will be a distant memory

this post is really good cuz it reminds you that it's a luxury not a necessity, and that just cuz so many people want the same thing that doesnt mean that it's gonna happen any faster, or at all

great post.
  10. mettown803

mettown803 New Member

I, for one, would like to be of some assistance to those who are working on the iTouch 2g JB. I'm not to familiar with code although i have experience with HTML code. (I'm not sure if that will get me anywhere)
    Do contact me if I can help out or do anything at all to speed things up.

dforeo08@gmail.com
    AIM: mickey80321
    or message IPTF profile.

I have an iTouch 2g but am not willing to do hardware only soft.