[Opinion] Everything iPod touch 3G.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sprint_user, Jul 21, 2009.

1. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    [Discussion] Everything iPod touch 3G.

What's in this post is my opinion about the iPod touch 3G.
    BTW: Could a mod please change the title of the thread to: '[Discussion] Everything iPod touch 3G.'

THE JAILBREAK, the iPod touch 3G will not be jailbroken as fast the the iPhone 3Gs was. Apple with for sure patch the 24k llb or whatever. Can we please keep the "When is the iPod touch 3G jailbreak going to be released" to a minimum. If you would like a jailbreak for sure AT ALL TIMES, either keep your current iPod touch, or upgrade to the iPod touch 2G. I did within the first month, and I was very happy with the performance upgrade and the improved battery life, not to mention the bluetooth chip for peer-to-peer. I would wait until the week of the 3G release to buy a 2G, because the prices will be lowered.

THE LOOK, the iPod touch 3G will most likely look exactly like the iPod touch 2G except for huge performance upgrades, like double the RAM and more processing power. So, if you don't care for performance, and just like looks, you may be disappointed with the 3G (As many people were upset with the 3Gs for some reason I cannot fathom). I don't know about you guys, but I love my 2G. If they kept the same design with the 3G, just buffed the specs, I would be overjoyed. That would mean I could use my current cases!

THE MIC, If they do include a mic, it would be unnoticeable. Kind of like how the speaker is. And I think they would restrict it to specific apps, so we cannot make calls through Fring.

THE CAMERA, the most hyped, the camera. I still have huge doubts that the 3G will have a camera. In my opinion, Apple wants to keep a fine line between the iPod touch and the iPhone. There is really only 2 left, the phone and the camera. Once the iPod touch gets a camera, the line will be even finer. Also, what is really the point for a camera on a phone? MMS. It is too share pictures with people on the go. With the iPod touch, we cannot do that. Are we really going to use a camera on our iPod touch as a legit, main, camera?

*THE PRICE*
    • $199 - 8GB
    • $279 - 16GB
    • $379 - 32GB
    • ?$499 - 64GB?

CONCLUSION: I do not think this is going to be a ground breaking release like everyone wants. I think it is going to be a very great upgrade from our current iPods, especially if you own a 1G, I would definitely sell it and then upgrade. It will be a huge upgrade for gamers. Also, if we do get a jailbreak, the commonly used app "Backgrounder" will be amazing. We would finally have enough RAM to actually run a few apps in the background when needed.

Feel free to discuss and share your opinions.​

EDIT: I guess I was right about the camera. I hate to say I told you so. But, I am disappointed by the prices and the specs. Booo Apple.

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nice post there! Agree with most of what you've written.
  3. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Thank you, would you like to discuss your opinion?
  4. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  5. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Hmmm, a few no-name sites make an "iPod touch 3G" case with a camera. They wouldn't know, they did it to drive more traffic to their site from gullible people and possibly make a few bucks selling cases and adversitments. I am not calling you gullible, but I am just saying, that's not apple.com or any other reliable site. I am not saying a camera is impossible, I am saying I don't think it's coming.
  6. Hellishness

Hellishness Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    that link had nothing to do with a case. it was wired.com stating that a factory in china is already producing the new ipod touch with a camera and mic.
  7. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Okay, this is still not a confirmation. When Stevie comes out in front of a crowd and says "There will be a camera on the iPod touch 3G" or he holds it out to the crowd and it has a camera on it, that is a confirmation. There was also confirmation that the Chinese factory that makes the iPhone screen has been making and shipping 10in iPhone screens, that's where the touch-screen netbook rumors started. I am not disagreeing with you, whether the camera happens or not, that link does not confirm anything.
  8. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nice write up, agreed. Sticky perhaps?
  9. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Thank you, would you like to share any thoughts? I would like to get some sort of organized discussion going.
  10. Universal Denizen

Universal Denizen Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I agree that this would not likely be a groundbreaking release for the reason that the iPhone is the jewel in Apple's crown & Apple would not risk the possibility of diluting that market. The new iPod touch MAY still get a faster processor & GPU, but the camera seems unlikely. I think dimensions would change almost certainly & we can expect a slimmer model. The incremental changes would be worth it though. Just as OS 3.0 is better than 2.2.1!