openssh to hack games?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by OrngeTraffcCone, Feb 10, 2010.

1. OrngeTraffcCone

OrngeTraffcCone New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i know that there are games that are easy to hack like iMob which basically has everything and anything you would want to hack (weapons, damage, jobs, etc.) all in easy to access plists. BUT, the newer and better games, like COD zombies and Cartoon Wars are much more difficult. Ive used ifile to show hidden files, ive searched through the library, com.(app address), and all the plist and xml files i could and i still couldnt find the values or anything that would be decent to change. the only things i seemed to find were the layout of the screen, of course the pictures and sounds, but i couldnt find anything that would actually be used to modify an aspect of the game. i successfully hacked geo defense and imob, but that was because the plists were very... blatant and easy to access. so, i was wondering, where is the data or what ever the game uses? and if it can be found, can it be hacked or changed using openssh or just using ifile on your ipod?

thanks in advance
  2. iHaxU

iHaxU New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Many newer games try to be very sneaky about that. Many "encrypt" their data or place it in very unexpected places. Openssh isn't going to help much finding the files as much as it will by allowing you to transfer them to your computer to edit. These things vary from game to game. Good luck.
  3. OrngeTraffcCone

Device:
    iPod touch
    are they generally in a certain location USUALLY? I also found a couple of random ones for zombieville in a seemingly random folder which is probably what you mean, but I don't reLly know how one could get past encryptions. I know that there are hidden and encrypted files because there are loads of files that have absolutely nothing in them. I usually don't use openssh, instead I use ifile to easily change values and everything I'd do in openssh. I usually only use it when I'm copying and pasting or transferring things from iPod to computer or back, obviously. so, I assume anything I'd use to decrypt files and folder would be on the computer... but is it really possible?
  4. iHaxU

iHaxU New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Well ifile can do many things but unfortunately it doesn't have a hex editor (used for changing values stored on a file as in not text) if ur serious about "hacking" apps you could invest in a decompiler such as IDA but otherwise I'd recommend that you learn more about how app games work if you are interested I could give you a few links to developer sites. IPod apps have varying forms of complexity and that is the beauty of the device. To truly modify it you should master how it works. Anyways l hope this helps you conclude how far you wish to go when modifyig games.
  5. OrngeTraffcCone

Device:
    iPod touch
    thanks so much, cause at first I guess I just wanted to see if I could change around values and get huge stats and the like, but you pretty much summed it up that it takes actual knowledge of apps and how they work to modify them, which i guess I was stupid or thinking I could mod without knowledge. so, I want to gain knowledge, and you said you know some developer sites that are good?
    thanks
  6. iHaxU

iHaxU New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Sry for taking so long to reply. When i said understanding how apps work i meant more how the ipod/iphone works when you are using them. The iphone dev center has a plethora of resources about the device here (It should have all the information you need on how the device works) You should also learn ARM assembly (the device used an ARM processor so ARM assembly (which is what you get when disassembling an application) is low-level machine language) Here is the wiki. In addition you should learn Hexadecimal (what it is, how it works, how to work with it) Here is the wiki for it. Once you gain knowledge in these areas modifying/hacking applications should be a lot simpler. For disassembling i would recommend IDA pro but it is quite expensive and not worth it unless you use it for other purposes as well. I believe there is a free version for it but i cant say that for sure. In all cases good luck

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. OrngeTraffcCone

Device:
    iPod touch
    thank you so much. this should help me immensly. I haven't tested the links or started reading up on everything because Im on vacation, but when I get home I'll be sure to check them out. thanks again

8. iHaxU

iHaxU New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No problem, if you run into anything you have trouble with or find something wrong with what i posted here don't hesitate to pm me. Ill be glad to help.

9. ish1tsn0w

ish1tsn0w Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so no hack for cod?
  10. äfzät

äfzät New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Sorry, but I dont think that its allowed to post illegal themes in this forum. You could get in trouble if a mod would see this.
    Although, it´s unfair to hack games to the other players, but in the offline mode I think its ok; but not in this forum..
    thanks äfzät