OpenSSH Problem

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by carter112233, May 17, 2010.

1. carter112233

carter112233 New Member

I seem to be having a problem with SSH. Every time i try to connect it tells me "Network error: Connection timed out." All i can think is that i must have messed it up when i did a system restore on my ipod touch. I had openSSH, and it worked fine, but when i restored it i figured i would just repeat the process of the typical ip address, root, then alpine. Yet that doesn't seem to be the case. Any help is greatly needed.
  2. canardo93

canardo93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Is wifi strong and staying connected the whole time?
  3. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    make sure that your ipod doesn't go into sleep mode(screen goes black) go to settings and turn it off, just for sshing, unless you want to keep pushing the power button.
  4. carter112233

carter112233 New Member

thanks for the quick response. I think my wifi is strong enough to have a stable connection between the computer and itself, or at least it did before i restored it. For the sleep mode part, i got rid of that when i turned autolock to never. All help is good help

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    Nevermind. Sorry for the inconvenience, but apparently my device just wanted to not work for an hour. I honestly have no idea why it just started to, but thats life

5. canardo93

canardo93 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Glad to hear its working now

6. carter112233

carter112233 New Member

Sorry bout bringing this up again, but it seems that it won't let me on again. Yet this time it comes up with a different error "Network Error: Connection Refused". The only thing i changed is deleting a few daemons to speed up my device. Hope thats not what caused it, but yea...