openssh issue with 1.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Application Compatibility' started by godsten, Feb 8, 2008.

1. godsten

godsten New Member

i installed openssh through the installer on my buddy's iphone and when we try to ssh in the regular password (alpine) won't work. it took services to make give s the ability to toggle ssh but now that we have it on the thing wont let us login. any ideas?

we never had an option to change the password so i dont think that is the issue, we tried alpine, dottie (was the one on an older version of openssh), root, and left it blank but now we are out of ideas. thanks for your help
  2. macmercy

macmercy New Member

Same thing here. It worked several days - but 2 days ago, after I woke up my Touch, Springboard suddenly shows an empty second side where only should be one. What the f...?

I booted it new and since then there's no way to connect with SSH. Name is still 'root' but I can't connect with 'alpine' neither 'dottie'. No chance.

Uninstalled OpenSSH, reinstalled BSD Subsystem 2.0, reinstalled OpenSSH. Nothing.

Seemed, someting changed my password. I've only installed Summerboard and ScummVM as additional software. Everything on my Touch works fine - but no SSH. Damned...
  3. Cezar

Cezar New Member

Just completely turn off your Ipod (reboot) and turn it back on. It worked for me.
  4. macmercy

macmercy New Member

Please Register or Log in to view images

I've booted 4x new and reseted 4x - had no success before I answered this thread. Tried it again, as you wrote, and guess what happend...

SSH still not working, no change... root and alpine seems like Romeo and Julia: can't come together...
  5. godsten

godsten New Member

having the same issue and on third reinstall I have no idea what is up with it
  6. ucbeau

ucbeau New Member

i cant even see SSH anymore on my 1.1.3 touch
  7. macmercy

macmercy New Member

I think, since 1.1.3 you can't see OpenSSH - but it seems installed.

With 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 I had an SSH-icon on my Springboard. Since I made the official Dev. Jailbreak (presented by Installer) from within my 1.1.2 Touch, there's no SSH-Icon. But it worked several days and I thought, everything is ok.

I guess, we need a complete uninstall of BSD Subsystem 2.0 - but the only chance we get is to 'Reinstall' from Installer. I've uninstalled OpenSSH several times, I reinstalled BSD Subsystem more than 4 times - still no connection via SSH.

Have a look at these screenshots

Attached Files:

8. iPodTouch808

iPodTouch808 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    same thing here if you install OpenSSH in installer it won't show up on the springboard but it is installed in 1.1.2 it was there but i use terminal and entered some code and it worked. Would the SERVICE app help too because it shows if SSH is on or off?
  9. macmercy

macmercy New Member

Doesn't matter if you use 'Service' or 'BossPrefs' (I've tested both): SSH is shure on

The good news: I found a solution!
    The bad news: It only works with a PC (and I'm on a Mac)

I used my wife's PC-Notebook and installed 'WinSCP':
    http://winscp.net/eng/download.php

If you know your iPod's IP (mine is 192.168.2.4) just type it in, choose Port 22, protocol SFTP. name is root, password is alpine (of cause). After a few seconds I got this window (look here http://home.foni.net/~macmercy/rsa2key.gif ) - I choosed 'Yes' and it works! It generates a key for SSH on your computer and from now on - stable connection.

Now I search for a solution on my Mac. Hope, this helps others.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. inflacoarch

inflacoarch New Member

you guys are really retarded arent you?
    from installer go to all packages and look for a program called AFPd,
    run it and look at the bottom of the screen and it gives you an ip, connect your touch to a wifi network, and on any ssh program like cuteftp or winscp just put the website or whatever as the ip that AFPd generates,
    user: root
    pswd: alpine