Openrepo Official Release

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by H3X, Apr 4, 2008.

1. H3X

H3X New Member

OpenRepo is a repository where you can upload things like SummerBoard themes, Applications, and even iPhysics levelpacks. This is a project developed by xxDriveNxx, GRMrGecko, and I (H3X). “OpenRepo” basically means “open source installer repository”.
    Any user can upload any app, theme, or levelpack they want. After a user submits something to our repository and website, it is reviewed by our staff, and if it meets the guidelines, it will be accepted.

For example:
    To upload an application, the user should click "Applications" at the top of the page, and then click "Upload". On this form, the user can fill out information about himself and his application. If this is not an application that just needs to be installed in the /Applications directory on the iPod Touch or iPhone, the user can choose to use a custom script.

To upload an iPhysics levelpack, the user can go to the application upload page, but in the "Category" field, they should select "iPhysics Levelpack.

From the front page:

When people click submit, things are not added automatically. We must accept or decline them before they are added to the repo and browse pages.

For more information, visit openrepo.org/.
  2. stromboli1994

stromboli1994 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wow this sounds like a good idea!

but i think the links broken
  3. H3X

H3X New Member

Yeah link protection is a new thing on ipod touch fans. Just navigate to openrepo.org.
  4. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I'll give it a week before someone uploads a virus.
  5. SHININGSTEEL

SHININGSTEEL Banned

I am going to go add this right now!
  6. H3X

H3X New Member

We review everything submitted and then it goes on. No viruses we are hoping.

Also note there isn't much on here because we have just added a few things that aren't in community sources.
  7. bjlock

bjlock Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)

dang i was gonna do that.

"caught me!"
  8. H3X

H3X New Member

When people click submit, things are not added automatically. We must accept or decline them before they are added to the repo and browse pages.

EDIT: I just got banned from modmyifone from posting this. I am sick of modmyifone anyway.
  9. FunkyMonkey

FunkyMonkey Banned

Wow, that stupid. Just for posting a link to a website??
  10. H3X

H3X New Member

Yeah that's all I did. Actually, I just copied and pasted my first post here and posted it there.