Opening touch on 25th: Will I have to sync before I can play?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gakman, Dec 22, 2007.

1. gakman

gakman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So i'll be opening my Touch on Christmas day, ut unfortunately will not be near a pc, will I be able to play with it at all before syncing it with Itunes??
    I may be able to install Itunes on a cousins Laptop (fingers crossed) but will I come into problems when I finally try and sync it with my pc and Itunes account??
    To be honest, once it does eventually get plugged into my pc, I'll be straight on to jailbreaking it, so it prob doesnt matter anyway.
    It would definately be nice to have something to play with on christmas day, at least just a bit of browsing or whatever.
  2. Juwilz

Juwilz New Member

if ur not going to jailbreak it right away...

but sorry to ruin the fun, but u need to charge it, so u can't use it right outta the box.

u know that right? o.o
  3. skyline_-

skyline_- New Member

Mine came fully charged.
  4. ben471

ben471 New Member

Mine came charged, I thought they all did.
  5. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You need to plug it in when you first get it, but you can cancel the sync (you don't need an iTunes account, just a computer running iTues).
  6. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

That kinda defeats the purpose if he wants to use it without stuff and not near a PC if he wants to cancel a sync already on a comp. Why not use the music/ video features with a "supposed" laptop running iTunes?
  7. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    There was a post like this before...The iPod Touch/iPhone comes fully charged..The only reason it requires you to plug it into a computer is to sync it with all your songs and such. After that you should be able to do anything.
  8. Juwilz

Juwilz New Member

OOOOOO, i thought it would turn off after like 5 seconds, but now i know. Thanks for clearing that up...for me at least.
  9. gakman

gakman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Many thanks for your replies guys.

So if I can get this right, I can install Itunes on my cousins Laptop, plug the touch in briefly then, use it to surf/check firmware/generally fiddle?

Then when I (finally) get home I can sync it fully with my own Itunes/Jailbreak it etc.?

P.s I have all files, firmwares and tutorials ready for jailbreaking A.S.A.P!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. gakman

gakman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Wicked, don't suppose anyone has any idea what firmware vesion a uk Touch would have if bought around the beginning of December??