openiboot question

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by bsblade, Feb 13, 2009.

1. bsblade

bsblade New Member

Would it be possible to use openiboot to have a jailbroken and a non-jailbroken firmware on the same ipod? I want to be able to boot in a non-jailbroken firmware to conserve battery (mine is horrible) and i want to be able to boot in a jailbroken firmware to have certain jailbreak only features. If this is possible could you please either tell me how to do this or perhaps post a link? Thank you in advance.
  2. FruitRocks

FruitRocks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    probably possible. i think i remember reading reading something about that on the forums here. if i find the link i'll post it here

Please Register or Log in to view images

btw, (to my knowledge) jailbreaking shouldn't decrease the battery life any faster. your battery may be crap and you need a replacement, or if you have a theme installed it may be sucking up all of your battery life also.

if you have a warranty, you may want to restore it to factory settings and take it in to get a replacement :O
  3. sbdxaric

sbdxaric Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Totally possible.. i have a link somewhere...
    But you must realize its VERY tough, and you have to downgrade to 1.1.1, which means its not possible on the ipod 2g. Other than thta, once you have both partitions set up, you can upgrade them