openiboot help

Discussion in 'Android Chat' started by Thurinlah, Aug 22, 2010.

1. Thurinlah

Thurinlah New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I haven't even got to installing android yet. I haven't been able to install openiboot.

I have followed so many tutorials and i complete each step and all of them just stop working half way through (ie the commands i am typing in the terminal just stop doing anything)

I have tried doing this a few times over the last few months, and i have just upgraded my 3g to ios4 and is beginning to become unusable so i want to try android out on it.

So is the installation of openiboot the same on ios4?

I have openiboot.img3 on my desktop, also linux/loadibec/oibc. i have libusb and libreadline5 installed and when i type "sudo ./loadibec openiboot.img3"

it gives me this

open_device: unable to connect to device.
    your device must be in recovery mode.

or

send_file: invalid status.

My device is definitely in recovery mode. i just installed ubunutu 10.x only to install openiboot. its a brand new installation, so is there anything else i need to do?

thank you.
  2. droid_junkie

droid_junkie New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah do some more research this has been covered so many times over on the android on the iphone official website idroidproject.org
  3. bluemilkman

bluemilkman New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    the newest firmware that is supported by openiboot is 3.1.2, so if you want android, you're going to have to downgrade
  4. mondrup

mondrup Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    iOS 4.0 is supported in Openiboot. So far, 4.0.1 and 4.0.2 isn't.