Open Zune Marketplace Apps for 3rd party Apps now!

Discussion in 'iDevice competitors' started by NlessxNightmare, Sep 23, 2009.

1. NlessxNightmare

NlessxNightmare New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/zunehd3rdpartynow

{{Make sure you verified on your email}}

"Plz go to this page, sign the petition to say to Microsoft you want 3rd party developers to have an SDK, and to be able to distribute their apps/games on the Zune marketplace apps/games section for free or for purchase by the consumer and now, not in the distant future but NOW!"
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    OH GOD YES! GOD YES!

But first, I need to go get a ZHD...
  3. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    they should have just bought the touch if they wanted a device for apps.

i aint gonna write to Honda asking them to put a V8 in the civic.
  4. Duykur

Duykur Banned

YES!!! They should release an incomplete software, that hasn't been tested, or for all we know, finished coding yet!!!! You think Microsoft isn't releasing the Marketplace to taunt their users?

Think about that for a minute.
  5. metroplex

metroplex New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    Incomplete? what are you talking about? the 'SDK' for zune is XNA. All they did was make it compatible w/ ZuneHD so it's complete and people are already coding for it. The problem lies in the fact that they won't open it up for 3rd party developers to put apps onto the marketplace. Which is 50/50 good/bad.

Good = No sh*t apps, most apps will actually have a purpose (i.e. no fart apps, no gun apps etc etc.)

Bad = Less revenue, because there are no apps available and EVERYONE seems to think that a PMP HAS to have apps. And select few apps that are available are turning away valuable customers.

All in all, its made for you to play w/ music, not a portable pc that every thinks it should be. 2 different companies 2 different sales plans.. but I do wish they would open up to 3rd party apps.. the endless possibilities...
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    How are you so sure there won't be Fart or Gun apps? As shown in the App Store, those can be quite lucrative. Sure there won't be that many, but there'll probably be at least one most people will clamor to.

I would say Bad would be, the FCC.

All in all, Good and Bad, both are completely subjective.
  7. metroplex

metroplex New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    It is very subjective, but if MS wants to actually make a dent into the PMP market (pfftt.. i know i know, everyone will say they won't but lets wait another 6 months before the verdict is out, or atleast til a new firmware update comes around) they will take a different route in marketing the marketplace.

And i'm not sure they're won't be any fart/gun/retarded apps on the marketplace, but i'm pretty positive if the marketplace doesn't become open MS WONT be making those types of apps. Just my thoughts.
  8. theLorax

theLorax Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    Call me crazy, but I usually don't buy a product because I forsee a good future for it, I buy it when the product is good.

Their app store sucks now, and I wouldnt consider a zune for apps UNTIL it's app store is somewhat decent. If/when that does happen. I don't think MS is going to be giving much love to the zune marketplace.
  9. metroplex

metroplex New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I don't understand why they don't just use the WinMo appstore instead of the marketplace and just have sh*t ported over.. but it's MS.
  10. AngelMayLaugh

AngelMayLaugh New Member

I don't even think it qualifies as an app store yet. Never been to a store where everything is free.