Open SSH, Customize (help please)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by hotnikkelz, Jun 2, 2008.

1. hotnikkelz

hotnikkelz New Member

I have a 1.14 jailbroken (with ziphone) ipod touch.

I was reading the stickies about openSSH, buti just can't find it at all. Can anyone post a reliable source please.
    I also downloaded Customize, no matter how many times i open it or reboot, it still doesn't go past the chicken logo. Any help with that please

thanx in advance
  2. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    With the Latest Ziphone, OpenSSH is auto-installed, check your "Uninstall" list in Installer, and see if its there.

You May also Want to Install Services.app, to toggle OpenSSH on/off.

As For Customize...
    Here is a Quote From Khaos139's "Jailbreak and Perfect" Guide:
  3. hotnikkelz

hotnikkelz New Member

THANX a lot man. I haven't done the customise thing yet but I'm on it.

Another problem has arisen for me though, I tried to connect to my ipod touch via cuteftp and winscp and they keep saying that it can't connect. I followed the instructions of entering my ip, root, alpine etc. Any help with that?

Just to confirm something. That process would allow me to access my itouch via my computer and allow me to drag and drop sh*t into it wherever i want etc. correct?

edit:
    I tried the first 2 methods of the customize bit, the first didn't want to refresh. The second one did not have the customize app for me to download. My search brought up nothing. Any more options?

edit:
    I downloaded a tweak called SUID lib fix and now customize works. WooT!
  4. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    My favourite alternative to winscp/cuteftp pro is iphonebrowser - you don't need to change permissions, and you don't need to login. Type iphonebrowser in google, once you have downloaded it, go to your iPod, install - ziphine ibrickr fix. Tada! Working ssh client!

As for your "just to confirm" - Yes

Please Register or Log in to view images

For the second customize, the reason you may not have found it is because its under the name - Modded Customize
  5. hotnikkelz

hotnikkelz New Member

Hmm, so what's the advantage of using winscp and cuteftp then? they basically do the same thing no? or am i missing something?

Also I CAN'T FIND I BRICKR FIX ANYWHERE :'( any sources?

I noticed something strange...when i do a search for apps under ALL packages, i don't find some apps, I couldn't find customze that way. Why is that...i thought all packages was every possible app i have available cuz of the sources that i had...right?

Also i didn't need to do the customize thing anymore, the normal one stopped crashing on teh splash screen when i installed the SUID lib fix

6. TheDuke1122

TheDuke1122 New Member

I'm just getting started after jbing and i haven't done winscp or anything yet? would this method be better for a noob? will i still be able to do everything as the other way?
  7. hotnikkelz

hotnikkelz New Member

i was able to solve my problems so i guess i can help you since i'm noob as well.

Ok, if you jailbroke with ziphone and u are running 1.14 firmware do the following
    Follow the tutorial on OpenSSH and using winscp. The only difference is you go to advanced and change connection timeout to around 1 minute instead of 15 seconds. It eventually connects.
  8. TheDuke1122

TheDuke1122 New Member

So no one has any more info about this iphonebrowser. I searched, but didn't find anything.
  9. JonnySK

JonnySK Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i'll PM you all the info i can think of...in a minute