Open Source Applications

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ImmortalBlack, Jul 25, 2010.

1. ImmortalBlack

ImmortalBlack New Member

Hello i am a OpenZDK developer. Its like a cydia developer except for the Zune. Anyways i was wondering if there are any open source ipod applications/games, or any developers wanting to help me with a project i am working on. I am trying to see if it is possible to port a App over to the zune. Ofcourse the original app developers get all the credit. For more information just post in this thread. I hope atleast someone is willing to help.

Have a great summer ipodtouchfans !
  2. J-Phone

J-Phone Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Icy is like Cydia but is discontinued and left as open source.
  3. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    It is also just a package manager that retrieves other real applications
  4. ImmortalBlack

ImmortalBlack New Member

thanks this is something im willing to try with. Ofcourse if it does work it wont serve any purpose as i wont be able to use it with a zune. But it will be a good POC. if this does work. DO you think more people would be wililng to help port apps? These ported apps could also be sold as a profit once WM7 is released
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    also does anyone know wher ei can download it from. the only places i can find are from cydia, and i need it on my computer not my itouch
  5. cjainy

cjainy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  6. ImmortalBlack

ImmortalBlack New Member

thank you all for your help. I have gotten the source code of icy. And have recently contacted ZodTTD in hopes he can help. Im not sure if this forum has a rep system. but it does i would be happy to +rep those who continue to help me and those who have already helped.
  7. sageDieu

sageDieu Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    No we used to have rep but it was abused or something. I liked it but oh well :|

I don't think you'll be able to find many other things that are open source to play with. Icy was only released because RipDev had internal problems and couldn't do anything with it any more, and so anything actually useful for porting other than for fun wouldn't have source anywhere for you to use.
  8. ImmortalBlack

ImmortalBlack New Member

Are lots of the major cydia developers located in this forum?