Open Letter To Iphone Devs

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by Avatarv, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Avatarv

Hey iPhone devs (especially winpwn creator):

look, i really appreciate when u guys make sumthing for the communty. ive dinated my share and all. but really, can we please try to not come out with stuff like that winpwn beta? i mean, i dont care if it takes u 20 days or 1 month more to finish winpwn but dont foist a beta on us after false promises... just say ull take however long and get out a finished product in that time! i understand it is hard to program this, but dont raise false expectations then underdeliver
  2. Aristarchos

Aristarchos Banned

im sure they will totally take you seriously when you can barely speak english, good going, there have been plenty of threads like this
  3. Avatarv

Excuse me? I can speak English very well. There might be a few typos but that happens to everyone. And I respect the devs - I really do, but lately winpwn has become really annoying and I am saying something about it, which I have a right to.
  4. reluttr

reluttr New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Umm, actually I prefer them to release a beta. This makes the people with experience happy, and the key word is BETA if you want the full version then wait for it. There is no one forcing you to get the beta, besides CMW already said the full one will be out soon.

Besides if CMW hadn't released something the people would had eaten him alive with complaints. Also if you mess up you ipod its your fault, because on his site it clearly says "It is your own risk using this tool"

They have their reasons for releasing beta's and alpha's

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Ryan

Ryan Well-Known Member

Device:
    Nexus 4
    first, wrong forum ... this is section is for pwnage

second, the dev team didnt make winpwn, cmw did. So you wanna be talking to him =]

and btw... dont talk to him cos hes going as fast as he can
  6. GnikNus

GnikNus New Member

they've released winpwn beta because they thought that it could be useful, and i think it is, in fact it can't create a custom 2.0, but u can jailbreak the other version.
  7. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Well, your grammar is terrible. That said, stop whining. Releasing a program without beta testing it first is just stupid.
  8. GnikNus

GnikNus New Member

Have u said it to me??
  9. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    First of all, he only released it because WHINEY CHILDREN WOULD NOT STOP ASKING. Have you seen the WinPWN Section? (You should have posted this there)

Second of all. YOU may not care if it takes 20 days to a Month, but try asking that to Hordes of Pre-Pubescent tweens clawing at CMW to "Release it! Release a Beta! We want Boot Logos! Back up apps! OMFGZROXORS!" Then people start to think its fake, then they HATE CMW.

He did not give False Promises whatsoever. He was just stalled because, well face it, For one thing, he is porting an App from Different OS's. And he is doing ALL BY HIMSELF. One Man, on a Mission. He has no funding aside from meager donations.

Give the man a break. Why don't YOU make WinPWN? Hmm?
  10. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Strange Double Post from Internet Spike