Oops! Just bricked my PSP!

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by iPod.Touch, Aug 3, 2009.

1. iPod.Touch

iPod.Touch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well, yes, I have bricked my PSP. Here's what happened:

I was updating to the latest official SONY PSP firmware. When I was installing it, it turned itself off. Now, when I turn it on, I get 1 green light. Nothing more, nothing less. I have done hours of research as to how to unbrick it, and I have come over a solution. The Pandora Battery and Magic Memory Stick. I modded my own, official PSP battery to become a Pandora by taking out the leg under the 4. With the Magic Memory Stick, however, I have tried 4 different programs to try and get it to work and at this current time, here are the files I have in it:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Still, with these files, the Pandora Menu wont pop up. This is why I am in need of help. It is a Phat PSP 1003 and no matter what I try, it just wont work.

If anyone has any other ways or knows if I'm doing anything wrong, please post.

Thanks.

Other information: The Memory Stick IS a memory stick PRO DUO. It is also 256MB and made by SanDisk. I also have a 2GB Memory Stick PRO DUO made by SONY. Also, after looking through the folder that the program created, I found that the only file on the whole memory stick is the 401.PBP. The rest is just folders.
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    If the same thing happens before you modded you Battery, then... you didnt do your battery right. Try getting a Datel TOOL battery, cheap, and their in service mode.

Also, google pspiso... best website for tutorials, a lot of people that can help you too.
  3. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Well done, Make sure you did the pandora battery right:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Use this to prepare the stick:
    http://fs09n4.sendspace.com/dl/0aff...am's Magic Memory Stick Creator v2.0 FULL.zip

Then make sure the device is fully off, place the memory stick in the PSP, then put the battery in and it SHOULD boot.

OR, If you know anyone with a modded PSP, theres some homebrew that makes a normal battery into a pandoras one.

And if worst comes to worst and nothing is working:
    http://www.360upgrades.co.uk/unbricking-service-p-229.html
    Ripoff I know, but really is a last resort. (if you're in the UK that is)
  4. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    £20 quid's alright.. unless they charge postage too.
  5. ParrotBoy

ParrotBoy Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I believe the postage will cost you, £20 is not alright haha, Fair enough your getting your PSP working again. But for that they're actually doing its not that cheap.

I usually charge a fiver for hacking/unbricking.