Only One Book At A Time On An iPod Touch????

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ChutyButy, Jul 21, 2009.

1. ChutyButy

ChutyButy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Only Listen To One Book At A Time????

Ipod Touch 2G not jail broken

Please Register or Log in to view images

Hi all! I'm a newbie so I may be wordie... I have the BBC Classics of " The Chronicles Of Narnia". They are in MPeg-4 Audio file format. NOT purchased from Audio Books. What a rip off place money wise. Anyway

I can load all the series I want in iTunes audio books folder but can only seem to get one book at a time on my ipod T. 2G. This is a compilation of different books so I would like to finish one boook and simply move on to another without having to go back to iTunes and loading a new book as I progress. So far not possible. Only one book at a time. Is this normal?

2. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    1. Pay for books and support the author

2. Make sure you have enough space/ make sure they are all checked off in itunes?
  3. Stickaz Ipod

Stickaz Ipod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    LOL you said support the author... he's dead
  4. DarkWrath

DarkWrath Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    lol yeah i just realised, ok how about his closest relatives, is that ok

5. geekgrrl

geekgrrl Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Stickaz Ipod,

I ran into that same problem.

I was using an Apple Store app. I didn't know if the app was the problem, or not.

i-FunBox does not require a jailbreak to use.

Look for what file your book is in, and add the additional books.

the_dark_side_of_,

There are so many books available that have nothing to do with stealing.

I get digital books from Library for the Blind and Print Handicapped. They will also copy their books on tape for me. There is also buying the books on tape and ripping them to digital media.

Didn't know I use a screenreader, huh? I am not blind, but I can't read well enough to be employed.

I guess the words, for the most part. If I can't guess the words, I have to use the screenreader.

Head injury, re-learned speech, and most of the rest of it but not all. From a car wreck. Not my fault.
  6. ChutyButy

ChutyButy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That did it! It was the checking on part that was getting me. Had to view it in a different view as opossed to the grid view to realize what was going on. Wish things were easier in iTunes. Too much work for such a user friendly company...

Thanks Dark Side...

I support authors just not through Audible.com..
  7. GarethP

GarethP New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Paying the author

1. Pay for books and support the author
    This is a contentious issue and I am a book publisher and an author have had published some 23 books.
    Let us say, for the moment, a book is $50. The author will get, say, $3.75 PROVIDED the author has earned out of the advance. This happens but not as often as you think.
    The moment is going to the online distributor. Amazon, for example, charge the publisher a minimum of 55% discount of every title. That is not money that is going to the author, I promise you.
    Where the author is dead then the copyright remains for 60 years which is plain daft. If you stand up and sing Happy Birthday you are breaking the copyright law because the publishers fiddled around to make the copyright last 110 years. Now they want an Evergreen Copyright Act which means the book is always in copyright.
    In most cases it is a flat con. The author does not see very much money for these sort of sales. Yes, yes, there are the John Grishams of this world. But for a mug punter author like me I can tell you I have never seen any money whatsoever from any online publisher.
    Being honest is a good thing. Supporting authors is a good thing. Slipping more money into publishers' pockets is a bad thing.

Gareth Powell in Sydney