iOS 4.0 ONLY Homescreen Wallpaper unlock? (3G)

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Killionaire, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Killionaire

Killionaire Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I jailbroke my iPhone 3G, and selected the "Custom Home Screen Wallpapers and Multitasking" option, but with multitasking, the battery drained FAST. Is there a way I could JB my iOS 4.0, and only unlock Homescreen Wallpapers?
  2. Tkf1

Tkf1 Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPad mini
    Yes. Turn off those deflaut settings and edit a plist by ssh or ifile for homescreen wallpapers.
  3. Killionaire

Killionaire Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    So, if I JB'd and just click "Add Cydia", I could SSH and delete Cydia, edit the Plists, and have my homescreen wallpapers WITHOUT sacrificing battery life?
  4. MarioKartMaster

MarioKartMaster New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I have noticed both homescreen wallpapers AND multitasking cause the problem. Both of them contribute to the problem, therefore neither of them can be enabled to have any decent battery life.
  5. Killionaire

Killionaire Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    True, but I heard that the battery loss with wallpapers is virtually identical to the loss seen with SBsettings running.
  6. MarioKartMaster

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    No. SBsettings causes virtually no change at all, even on 3.x. The wallpapers though cause HUGE loss in battery (equal to multitasking)...

Just try it once. When I was charging my iPod2G and had these enabled, the percentage WENT DOWN without ANY apps open. This means the iPod just running the springboard with these features uses more battery than the charger is able to be put out.

Hopefully someone finds a way to scale down these features to minimize the crushing battery life reduction.
  7. nickswitz

nickswitz New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Um... Your battery can't go down while it's charging... While it's charging it uses the power from the charger, so it can't lose charge as the battery isn't being used.
  8. MarioKartMaster

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Wrong, if the device is using more power to run the OS, than the charger can provide, the battery will go down....