One Year

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by faizan96, Dec 10, 2008.

1. faizan96

faizan96 New Member

Just a what if question? What do you think app prices will be in one year? What are the prices for need for speed, rolando, sbm be in a year? How many apps? Im hoping alooot of good one dollar apps!
  2. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Er, the same? I don't see why they would increase or decrease unless if the Dev. had a sale...
  3. faizan96

faizan96 New Member

Competition. Newer and better apps come out with same prices as old apps. To sell the old apps lower prices. Also more devs coming and submitting games.
  4. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    6 dollars the least i would ever see smb same for the other games that arent out yet like nfs and rolando they wont go down too much if not at all
  5. Dark Wizard Dragon Flame

Dark Wizard Dragon Flame New Member

I agree with the OP.

Prices should come down, i mean ALL games for all formats come down in price, an e.g. is xbox games where popular games are 1/2 the price and others can go for as low as 1/4th the original price.

I mean 2 brand new games for the 360 : Sonic Unleashed (already half price) and The Last Remnant (also already half price).

You should see a huge decrease in prices for ALL apps as the top 50 gradually fills with new titles. I'll bet you a lot of $/£ that Enigmo won't be in the top 100 in a year's time. Heck I'll even go out on a limb and say Crash Bandicoot and Touch Grind won't be in the top 50.
  6. Kazeari

Kazeari New Member

Prices for any product drop over time even food (well expired food anyways) XD
  7. Wats Doing Boyz

Wats Doing Boyz New Member

Yeah i don't know man i mean why would you reduce the price of perfectly good apps, i mean you never know Super Monkey Ball is a perfect example of that.
  8. Functional Disorder

Functional Disorder New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Only time prices will drop is to drum up sales.
    As long as SMB stays in the top 100, it won't be dropping price any further.
    Think about it...
    If everyone keeps paying the current price to keep it in the top 100 for the next 12 months, why would it drop in price?
    If NFS remains the best racing game in 1 year's time, they won't drop the price either..only way is due to competition and better games, and that's not necessarily related to time in the app store.