One Touch, Multiple Apps, Multiple Computers

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by lorenwade, Dec 24, 2008.

1. lorenwade

lorenwade New Member

I just got my iPod touch 32gb. I'm not a noob to this stuff most of the time. I've had Apple products all my life (iMacs, laptops, and plenty of iPods).

I have a 32gb 2G iPod Touch and an iMac. However, I have family with macs as well. If I download an app from the app store on computer "A" for my touch, what happens when I sync to the computer "B"?

How are the apps organized? Will it update to both computers when there are updates for the apps?

Sorry if I confused anyone. Thanks for the help!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hmm...

It'll transfer the apps to the computer "b" but it asks you to validate the apps with your username and password.

I think thats right.
  3. lorenwade

lorenwade New Member

If thats right, then thats great.

So that works the same way as if I download an app on the touch via wifi? It will update to the home computer when it syncs, so long as I validate my iTunes account.

Is this all correct?
  4. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    If you buy it from the iPod, and then sync with your main computer... it will send the apps to your computer without asking you for password or anything...
  5. dstn1211

dstn1211 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Yes, you will need to validate your email and password, and you must also authorize your computer for use with this account by first signing in with the account, then going to Store > Authorize Computer

Hope this helps

6. lorenwade

lorenwade New Member

Thats cool. What about computer "B"? The next time I sign in, will it update as well? Even if bought via wifi, or on computer "A"?

Sorry to be a pest, I really appreciate your input!

Just read this. Yes, this helps. That tells me, as long as I validate my account on another computer, I can still sync apps to my touch. Thanks so much!