One song plays but is only instrumental?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Thinkband, Dec 15, 2007.

1. Thinkband

Thinkband New Member

Hey guyz,

I am really befuddled by a little technical glitch in my ipod. I am listening to For the Benefit of Mr. Kite by the Beatles and I have been listening to it with my computer and then my headphones. It sounds great and there are words sung in the song. I attached my ipod to my external speakers using my dock connector. The weirdest thing happened. There is only music playing without words. This is the only song that this occurs and everything plays correctly on the dock. Is there any possibility that I did something with the song accidentally? I am not sure if this is just a problem with this particular song, but like I said, it plays fine with headphones and on the computer. Thank you for your help!

-John
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

So on the computer it plays right, and on your iPod w/o dock it plays right...
    Is it possibly that it is only playing from one speaker?
    Is For the Benefit of Mr. Kite have vocals on one speaker and instrumental on the other?
    I'm too lazy to check on my iPod (I have the song)
  3. Thinkband

Thinkband New Member

Update to problem:

I am pretty sure there is vocals but they are EXTREMELY vague. Like if I put my ear up to the speakers, I can hear a little vocals. Its a Bose Acoustimass system (good speakers). I really do not understand the problem. This has never happened on any other song.
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I'm pretty sure that it's only playing out of one speaker, or is just playing one speaker.
  5. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Spoonforknife is correct - in the Sgt. Pepper's album, the Beatles were trying out some "new things" when it comes to audio. In particular, several of their songs use the whole "stereo" thing - the entire vocals for some of the songs only come from only ONE side. How do I know this? My old beater when I was in high school blew out one of the speakers - couldn't listen to my tape anymore

Please Register or Log in to view images

It's a fun album to listen to with headphones...
  6. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yeah I've noticed that too. Its fun to listen to the album with only the instrumental headphone on, and try to guess which song it is

Please Register or Log in to view images