One question~

Discussion in 'Gameboy Advance emulator (gpSPhone)' started by Kagelou, Jan 3, 2010.

1. Kagelou

Kagelou New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hey guys, Im pretty new here, but really love the site!
    So, I have everything installed (jailbroken, gpsphone, etc), and was wondering, is it possible to just get a GBA ROM that I have been playing on the computer with visualbot advance and put it into my ipod with ssh? I know how to and where to put the ROMs and stuff, but just want to know if it is safe or not. Also, can I play ROMs that have been IPS patched? (basically cheat codes/edit packs installed onto the ROM; still in .gba format)
    Thanks in advance!
  2. Fo Sho

Fo Sho Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Hmm. I dont know, but I honestly woudnt risk it
  3. Kagelou

Kagelou New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    hmm before reading your post I tried it and it worked fine...Theres nothing special about the .gba ROMs that go into the ipod through Cydia right? The IPS patchs are just edits of the game, so shouldn't they work without a problem? Just want to check with the pros because I dont want my ipod to die two days later~
  4. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I play games pokemon games with ips patches on them all the time, it's almost all I use gpsphone to play! They work great.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Kagelou

Kagelou New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thats good to hear!!! So you have experianced no problems doing so?
    Also, for those who have used VisualBoy, you can set a button to make the game go faster. For example, when I play Pokemon on VisualBoy, the game goes by around 5x faster when I hold the space bar. Is this also possible on gpsphone?
    One more question: If I name the ROMs in a different language (Japanese), will it screw up my ipod? Same question for Winterboard themes~
    Thanks again~
  6. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    No, no problems yet! Been doin in it for months. I would also like to have the button to speedup the game, but I have yet to come across that for gpsphone. My guess on the renaming would be that it wont mess it up, it would just show up in that language when you view the name.
  7. Kagelou

Kagelou New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Cool~
    All well. Even without the speedup button, GBA games are always good on the ipod!
    Sweet! Now I can rename many of my themes~
    Just to make sure - It IS safe to remove blackra1n after you install Cydia right? (havent installed Rock because I heard it is pretty useless and bad)
  8. bigcj55

bigcj55 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Rock does suck, unless you're like my friend who's iphone 3g doesn't have a working bottome screen. Haha, it is perfectly safe to uninstall it. Just do it from the app, simple and safe.
  9. Kagelou

Kagelou New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sweet, just uninstalled blackra1n~
    Last question: Is there like a "Thanks" button on this forum? xD
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    hmmmmmm my iPod just went under 20% in battery, then 10% but no "low battery" sound came up...I rechecked my low battery.caf, and it was the one I set...Is there a seperate toggle to turn on/off this battery low sound???
  10. taptaptouch

taptaptouch Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Yes it should be in settings under general