One question before i do my first jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by ThisNameSux, Jul 9, 2009.

1. ThisNameSux

ThisNameSux New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey, I was about to jailbreak my 2g with redsn0w when i read somewhere that all games' high scores will be gone after the jailbreak. I've put in a considerable amount of time on IMobsters and was wondering if my profile/account will still be intact after the jailbreak? Please only reply if you are absolutely sure of your answer. Thanks so much.
  2. conjy

conjy New Member

Thats not true with a NOR only jailbreak, and because you're using Redsnow it won't happen.
  3. ThisNameSux

ThisNameSux New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    all right, so i can relax and my imobsters account and data will be safe and sound after the restore? I hope you're right, thanks
  4. mikec1985

mikec1985 Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    If you are not jailbroken you dont need to restore unless of course you are updating your firmware first.
  5. ThisNameSux

ThisNameSux New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    By 'restore' i meant after i jailbreak, my touch will be empty, i want to put everything back on. Wouldn't that mean restoring from a backup? maybe "restore" isnt the proper word to use there. I'll admit i don't know any of the technical stuff about jailbreaking, i'm just going to follow the instructions. i just want to make sure that everything that was on it before the jailbreak is there after i'm done. Please excuse my lack of knowledge on the subject,it sucks being "that guy". lol

FYI
    -Ipod touch 2g
    -Firmware 3.0 already installed

these are the instructions i plan to follow, unless someone suggests something else
    http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=4306

if i'm not mistaken, i need to restore to the original 3.0 firmware.Wouldn't this wipe it clean?
  6. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok listen, ur on 3.0 firmware, so no restore dont worry. open redsnow and follow the instructions and stuff. when it asks for a 3.0 firmware to use give it the file in the "pwnage" folder the site says to, redsnow will use the files inside of that ipsw file to replace the OS files, but it will not touch the games and stuff, because they are in a separate section, also if ur ipod is backed up in itunes if anything goes wrong and u restore itunes will still have those scores and everything like that, so ur really 100% safe lol dont worry about it, just go for it

Please Register or Log in to view images

EDIT: dont use what the site says lol just go to the place it tells u for ur firmware or wherever u already have it, use redsnow and give it that file, then just listen to redsnow and ull be fine
  7. ThisNameSux

ThisNameSux New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thanks so much man, sorry for being the typical uninformed d-bag. I'm going for it.
  8. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    lmao it doesnt matter,but ur not a d-bag, uninformed.. yes lol but ur new here so that doesnt matter lol u got the thread in the right section and made sense which is more than alot of other people can do on here lol and i was the same and then i found this site and just read stuff and i have nothing important on my ipod from screwing up things so i just messed around and learned alot of stuff lol ull figure alot out by just reading the forums sometimes
  9. ThisNameSux

ThisNameSux New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    haha, thx. i knew when posting i was going to either get 'SEARCH IS YOUR FRIEND!!', ignored entirely, or actually helped. lol, so i made sure to be as friendly and coherent as possible,while posting in the correct place. Seems to have payed off. i'm sure i'll be around reading alot, i just didn't have the time to putz around digging through those other posts you speak of right now. Again, i appreciate the help.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Update:
    So i'm pretty sure i messed something up somehow and now my touch is all jacked up. Hah, great. Did the jail break and everything worked fine.I then followed some online guideline of what to do after u jailbreak. I Started Cydia and i guess it did some updates and stuff.Then started Icy and downloaded like the first theme/lock screen thing i saw to test it out. Was called Alien something or other, dont remember. After it installed, i exited Icy and clicked my power button to go to sleep mode, i clicked it again to bring up the lock screen and nothing happened. screen stayed black. power button didnt do anything. I plugged back into the comp and it wasnt recognized. I didnt know what to do so i went through the whole process again, and now its stuck on at the apple icon screen. i cant turn it off or anything. Help?

Please Register or Log in to view images

i feel like such a toolbag

Update2:
    So i got it to go into recovery and im restoring 3.0 fresh, i did backup before i started, so i assume everything will be alright.we'll see
  10. pwnthe2G

pwnthe2G Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    allright.. sorry i disappeard lol my parents treat me like im 3.. because i still 'have to go to bed early' lmao i had to wait for them to go to bed(im 14... save me lol), so if u used redsnow 0.7.2, after the restore, ONLY check cydia. NO ICY! if u want icy ill give u the repo source and download it from cydia, do not jailbreak and install both, it is a known problem that they do not work, after that it all should be fine. and also to get themes to work use cydia (or icy once u get it from cydia) to download winterboard, then download a theme, click the winterboard icon and check off the themes name, and ull b all set with that

EDIT: when i say known problem and things like that im not saying ur stupid or anything so dont take anything that way lol