One more 2g jailbreak question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by crystyano, Jan 25, 2009.

1. crystyano

crystyano New Member

Hello guys. I'm from Brazil and this is my first post. (So, sorry for grammatical mistakes).

Reading about 2g jailbreak by Dev-Team, I understood they are having a problem with 2g boot, because everytime you boot your device, the jailbreak is lost, isn't it?

What else is making the 2g jailbreak not come out?

Thanks
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    That very reason. They are working on another exploit that works without it.
  3. Ipwnnubletz

Ipwnnubletz Banned

Consult here for information. From what I understand, (forgive me if I'm wrong) whenever the iPod boots up, there is a signature check between the LLB and iBoot, so there is NO unauthorized Apple content running. With the 2.1.1 iBoot exploit, we can modify (I think?) the signature check and allow unsigned code to run. But now, there IS a jailbreak. But whenever the iPod boots, you will need to inject the redsn0w code every single time. We are now currently looking into bypassing that.

Sorry if I have the wrong facts, just correct me please and I will edit this post accordingly.
  4. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It's not actually losing your jailbreak. Yes, the jailbreak is still there. It's just that everytime you boot, the sigchech looks at the hash, if it's unsigned(jailbroken), you cAn't pass through. And that is where redsn0w comes. It patches the sigcheck so you can go through.

They are looking for an iboot exploit right now.

Other than that, they won't release a tethered jailbreak because spammers would he like 10x more. And they said it the manual jailbreak is illegal. Idk.
    Just read all of this stuff from the iPhone wiki.