one ipod touch question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Bruno2352, May 2, 2009.

1. Bruno2352

Bruno2352 New Member

Hi everyone,

I'm new around here and I'm sorry if I'm writing in the wrong specific place here in this webpage, for this new thread. This is my case. I got some applications in my itouch, but recently my computer had to be formatted and all my apps are now erased as I had installed again iTunes. I haven't done the sync. I know many apps (or all) are going to be erase if I sync, but I was wondering, which apps are going to be deleted if I sync? the ones that I downloaded from app store, or also the ones that I downloaded from installer, cydia? (mine is jailbroken btw) I was wondering if my gameboy emulator is going to be erased. (I downloaded from installer) Please, I would appreciate a little help for someone new at this, like me

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Cydia apps shouldn't be erased.
  3. Bruno2352

Bruno2352 New Member

and what about installer's apps?
  4. Nburnes

Device:
    OnePlus One
    I ment in general?

Jailbroken apps shouldn't be erased.
  5. Renegade

Renegade Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Your applications from Cydia will not be erased. However if the applications aren't in your iTunes from the App Store, They will be erased.

When you plug your iPod Touch in, Do NOT sync right away. Instead click on your "applications" tab on the left. It should prompt you asking to transfer your applications to your computer (It will only do this if you are signed in to your iTunes account, So make sure you are). Anyways, With this... It should transfer all of your purchased App Store applications (Free also) into your iTunes.

This should keep your App Store applications from being deleted. If they aren't in your iTunes they WILL BE DELETED!

EDIT: When I read Installer, I didn't bother to think for 2 seconds and I thought of the App store for some reason. Like said above, No jail broken applications will be deleted unless you restore your iPod Touch or remove them yourself.
  6. Bruno2352

Bruno2352 New Member

I dont get how to tranfer my apps from itouch to pc. I tab it and nothing appears (already signed in) I just went to file, and put tranfer the purchases from My Ipod touch. and nothing happens. But my emulators, either from Installer or Cydia would get erased? I dont remember if they were before on my applications list before formatting it.
  7. Nburnes

Device:
    OnePlus One
    no apps from cydia or installer will be erased.