One iPhone - Many Problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by rontz, May 19, 2009.

1. rontz

rontz New Member

I recently bought an iPhone on eBay. When I got it, it was running 2.2.1 and was Jailbreaked, then i brought it down to 2.2, because I thought I could try to downgrade the BB, what didn't work of course, so the BB is 02.30.08 and the only way to unlock it, was a turbosim. Now, as the Turbosim worked, I got no signal for internet and tried to deactivate Edge and activate 3G instead. After this, Edge didn't turn on again and the sim didn't get any more service at all.
    After reading the user guide for the turbosim over and over again carefully, I noticed that it says that I'm supposed to insert the turbosim when the phone is turned off (saw this too late...) and that i should never turn on the flightmode (did this to reset the net-settings :-/).
    Next thing i tried was to put it into DFU-mode and reset it totally with a clean version of 2.2.1. This worked so far, that the phone is not activated again.
    Next step would be to Jailbreak it again and hope that this would activate it again, BUT everytime I try to recover it with the pwned FW, iTunes gives me Error 1600. I've been looking in the forums here for days for a solution, but didn't find anything. I also tried a different PC, but I get the same error.
    State: Unactivated, unjailbroken iPhone that can't be Jailbroken the usual way.
    Any tips that you guys could give me to at least activate it? (I bought it in Austria and am sitting in Germany, so I can't buy a valid Sim to activate it, as the Simlock is from a Provider that doesn't exist over here :-/)
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

You shouldn't need a SIM to JB or activate it.

As far as getting the error 1600 I have seen it many times myself. I am honestly not sure the solution but make sure you have the latest versions of QuickPwn and the iPhone firmware.

I am assuming you are on a PC? I have had some good luck using Pwnage Tool when I've encountered problems but it is only available for Mac's.
  3. rontz

rontz New Member

I'm on a mac. How could I activate it without a sim/jb? didn't find anything about this :-/

I'm also sure that I've got the latest Firmware and latest version of the pwnagetool. (2.2.5).

-----UPDATE----------
    ok, i managed to jailbreak it again:

Firmware downloaded again.
    Pwned it again with Pwnagetool, BUT IN EXPERT MODE!!!
    Everything else was just a normal jailbreak--> works fine again!

-----------------------

I keep on getting no Signal/Service, I guess the reason for that is the turbosim.... I'm so happy if they find a softwareunlock method for 02.30.
    So far, any hints for me how I could get some service?
  4. rontz

rontz New Member

K, some updates which might help other ppl as well:

I've got a new Turbosim now and got Dataconnection one night long. next morning I tried to edit some preferences, lost my connection and all started all over again:

No service-->Reinstalled Apple's clean 2.2.1 Firmware, did my jailbreak using iTunes 8.2 which didn't work for the first tries. Error 1600 again. What finally worked for me was to build the 2.2.1 Jailbreak with Pwnage-tool WITHOUT the "deactivate save overwrite of partitions" in the general preferences (everything freely translated, got the german version and have no idea what things are called in the english version

Please Register or Log in to view images

, but i guess you'll know what I mean when you see it

) and WITHOUT Recovery Logo.
    iTunes made no problems then and everything worked again. I also got Service again, just no Data-Service :-/
    Hope this helps anybody.

p.s.: still have no idea how to activate without jailbreak/sim. could some help me out plz?

thx
  5. Thurinlah

Thurinlah New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    mate just wait for 3.0 jailbreak. it should come out when it is released in a few days. sucks for now but hey what are you going to do.
  6. lakers123

lakers123 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    you shouldnt have updated to itunes 8.2 thats probably your problem. you didnt see the "dev team says no go on itunes 8.2" on the front page of iptf? i would downgrade to 8.1 and try everything again there should be an option to activate iphone in pwnage tool but im not sure because i have an ipod touch
  7. thedahomino

thedahomino Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    just wait till friday and update with 3.0 and unlock it with ultrasn0w
  8. rontz

rontz New Member

atm they say it's all working with itunes 8.2.
    yes, there's an option for activating, but that's just the regular jailbreaking. As far as I understood there's a possibility to activate WITHOUT jailbreak and sim!

that's what i'm still looking for.

So... tried to update to OS 3.0 and everything started from the beginning :-/
    I installed a clean OS 3.0 and it wants to be activated, sure. Then, when I'm trying to install the jailbroken OS 3, I'll get the Error 1600 again :-/
    Different is that there doesn't seem to be a workaround when building the custom ipsw :-/
    Any ideas?

------------------

Just for other people with similar problems:
    rednsn0w did the trick!