ONE hour battery life acceptable?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by m26k9, Nov 15, 2007.

1. m26k9

m26k9 New Member

Hey guys..

I'm seriously worried abt my iPot battery life.. I can only watch one hour of movies and it completely dies... or in normal operation (web + dictionary) I'll get maximum about 3 hours..

I have SSH turned off.. and I close all my apps by holding the home button until it disappears...
    I do not turn off the iPot. I just make it 'sleep'... I mean not completely turning it off.. does it still consume power in that mode? but I'm sure I'm not getting 22 hours like Apple have said...

How about you guys...?
  2. cameleon1267

cameleon1267 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I was also worried about my battery. I restore my ipod to official 1.1.2 firmware and the battery life time was far much better than with 1.1.1 jailbroken ipod. Now I jailbroke my ipod with 1.1.2 firmware and I will check if the battery life time decrease rapidly again.
  3. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I am getting about 15 hours of music, or 5-6 hours of video, surfing, or 3rd party actiity. I think you may have a bad battery.
  4. m26k9

m26k9 New Member

WHOA!! I'm not getting anything near that!!!
    is it jailbroken???
  5. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Ya, jailbroken 1.1.1 with touchfree, ssh turned off. I am also using my friends touch this week, and it is about the same. His is 1.1.1 jailbroken with the slovix/jb method.

Do a test: Fully charge the battery, start playing music in shuffle, put it in sleep, and go to work, or leave it for 10 hours... see if it is still playing when you come back
  6. m26k9

m26k9 New Member

by 'sleep' u mean the power button?
    so I start playing songs and just press power button and put to sleep?
    does it still play the music even after putting to sleep?
  7. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Yes, it does. And you can double-tap "home" to get volume controls, so that you don't have to "slide to unlock" each time.

You should still be getting more battery time with your internet surfing and movies though. I think you may have something wrong...
  8. m26k9

m26k9 New Member

yeah man.. but wrong what? except the battery.. what else can be wrong?
  9. Rawd

Rawd New Member

I think you have done everything right. After you do a test, if you are not getting at least 15 hours of musc, or 5 hours of video, there might be something wrong with your battery.
  10. m26k9

m26k9 New Member

cool.. thanks a lot man.. will try that...