One firmware update and that's it policy??

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mattbod, Sep 5, 2010.

1. Mattbod

Mattbod New Member

What are people's thoughts on this? I have an 2nd gen touch 8g and bitterly regret putting the new ios 4 on it as it just can't cope and I have lost a lot of functionality on a device that is only 18 months old. I have taken the plunge and ordered the latest model itouch as I wanted more memory but how many times should I update it in the future: maybe once? The 2nd gen ran fine really in ios 3 but slow as hell now with 4 and Safari crashed a lot. I think apple would get a lot more respect if it stated that the upgrade would affect performance on older models. I know apple tends to target wealthy people who can replace at will but mere mortals who shell out a lot on expensive equipment must surely get pissed off

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Even on my 3rd gen iPod touch I missed having 3.1.3. The upgrade had some nice features, but it messed with my wifi and seemed to drain battery.
  3. RandomEskimo

RandomEskimo Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    I don't think you would experience to much of a loss upgrading in the future with the ipt4 as the hardware is so good/fast. It may suffer as games get more advanced but for firmwares you should be fine with future updates.

I may be completely wrong, although I doubt it.