Once you're jailbroken, how do you get inside with SSH?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by ryuujin27, Mar 13, 2009.

1. ryuujin27

ryuujin27 New Member

I absolutely can not figure out how to use the SSH with my newly jailbroken iPod touch. No matter what I use, DiskAid, Cyberduck (I'm on a mac, by the way), I can't find all these folders that these guides (specifically one for icomic) need to use to be able to install.

Can anyone help or point me to a tutorial? I've searched but just can't find one.
  2. djgunner

djgunner New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    you need to run Cydia once, let it install it's packages (openSSH is one of them) then I would install BossPrefs which will show you your wifi IP address on it's main screen (easier than digging it out of "settings" each time) and then you can try and SSH to the device... you have to connect to the IP your ipod has and note that it will jump around a bit usually. As the DHCP lease expires on the IP it has it will grab another one.. so use BossPrefs to see which IP it has then SSH with username "root" and password "alpine"..

as for tutorials, youtube is your friend. I would search there. good luck!
  3. ryuujin27

ryuujin27 New Member

I've got all those programs, but I don't know what programs are needed to be able to SSH into the iPod. What do I need on my mac? On my iPod?
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    cyberduck
  5. nikj14

nikj14 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  6. madcowz

madcowz New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ^^ What he said. Then install BossPrefs (in Cydia) and toggle SSH a little.

username: root
    password: alpine

In case you didn't know...
  7. ryuujin27

ryuujin27 New Member

Ahh, thanks guys. Finally figured it out. Boy that was really frustrating for something that turns out so easy. Why don't the forums have a quick guide for this?