On xpwn

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by planetbeing, Jul 24, 2008.

1. planetbeing

planetbeing New Member

Oct 12, 2007
    I noticed this post in the winpwn thread:

Bear in mind that all of you were using compiled development sources that were not really meant to find its way into the hands of an end-user. And being "new to Pwning ipod touches", painrelief fit the very definition.

Please Register or Log in to view images

The first bug with the recovery images was fixed on the first day (0.3.2), it actually is in PwnageTool as well. The second bug has to do with the fact that there wasn't really enough memory available on your computer. I reduced the memory requirements in 0.3.3.

The point:

1. I appreciate you beta-testing xpwn for us.
    2. Bug reports with the application should be submitted to planetbeing@iphone-dev.com. All bug reports should include all of the output and exact steps for reproducing the problem (e.g., the command line used).
    3. If you actually want a stable xpwn, wait until we announce it is stable.

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. The only "unstable" part of it is that it may crash. If it generated a good IPSW for you, there is no need to retry again with another tool. Ever. Not even a newer version of xpwn. It will be a waste of time. There are only crasher bugs which is caused by the heterogeneity of the computers you people use. The program works; we're just improving usability.
    5. The changes made to the iPhone operating system are relatively trivial. So if it seems unstable, bear in mind the 2.0 IS buggy, and iTunes 7.7 is even worse.
  2. nasatwoburn

nasatwoburn New Member

Jul 23, 2008
    xpwn is very stable for me...if anything I will let you know

thanks/good job

Only problem:Cydia keep telling me I don't have enough space