On-the-Go Playlist Keeps Disappearing!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by chaofan, Oct 21, 2008.

1. chaofan

chaofan Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I reckon I should give the people here a break from answering all these "WH3N W1LL d3r3 b3 a h@xoRz j@1lbr3@k 4 dA iPod Touch 2G?" by asking an entirely different question altogether.

Please Register or Log in to view images

One of the things I've been using lately is selecting specific songs for the "On-The-Go" playlist that the iPod Touch 2G has. However, every time I connect the iPod Touch onto the computer, the "On-The-Go" playlist resets and turns out empty once I safely disconnect the iPod Touch 2G from the computer. Is it just my iPod Touch being stupid, or is it a common feature?

I should note that I don't automatically sync the music and I manually manage music and videos through iTunes. Could this be a reason why the "On-The-Go" playlist keeps resetting?

All responses are appreciated in advance ^_^. Thanks!
  2. Skyvette427

Skyvette427 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Sorry dude... i manage my music the same way but my on-the-go stays there.... try making the playlist while the ipod is plugged in and do it on itunes
  3. Baker5

Baker5 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    try and make it on the ipod then it should stay
  4. kraziirx

kraziirx New Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    that happened to me before too...
    if you want your playlist back on your ipod touch
    all i did was go to my ipod then music tab
    and add/check my on-the-go playlist...
    then sync..
  5. callum-m-r

callum-m-r New Member

When you sync it turns the on-the-go list into On-The-Go 1 (2, 3 etc). This lets you keep that playlist and create another.

Is that what's happening?
  6. chaofan

chaofan Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Nope.

I make my "On-the-Go" playlist on my iPod, but every time I hook it up to recharge or add new music, the "On-the-Go" playlist keeps deleting. I then have to re-add everything to the playlist and all's well, but it would then disappear once I connect it to the computer.

I'm not sure if there's a way to make the "On-the-Go" playlist on iTunes as well, since I haven't found it. But perhaps if I do, the songs wouldn't get deleted? I'm not talking about importing playlists either: the problem is specific to me not wanting my "On-the-Go" list to keep disappearing XD.

I don't auto-sync my iPod Touch to my iTunes because I prefer manually managing the music. While I don't think that's the problem, it's the only settings I would have different from most people here. Could this be the problem?
  7. Skyvette427

Skyvette427 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    When your ipod shows on itunes have it selected on the right menu.... And from the buttons on the bottom right, select the one to create a playlist... then you can drag music from your ipod into it... try it