On the fence - used 3gTouch or is a new 4g worth it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by theregoes, Sep 17, 2010.

1. theregoes

theregoes New Member

Sep 17, 2010
    it has been a while since i got any sort of new gadget, (my current ipod is over 5 years old)

But i cant decide whether ill actually benefit that much from having a new ipod touch 4G over getting someones used 3G.

i do think the cameras are a great addition, but the quality makes me wonder if its worth it since i keep reading that it is only .7 megapixels for the still cam. i realize MP arent everything but i cannot help but think about the fact that my basic motorola flip phone has a 1.3MP camera...

Also im reading that the 4G still only has 256mb ram.. another reason the 3G may be just fine.

Convince me all the other upgrades are worth it or that the 3G would be sweet enough.

Also wondering if people have an idea of how their hard drive space is used. id go for a 32GB model and would like to have about 15-20GB for music, would the remaining 10-15 gb be enough for a bunch of apps as well as some pics&video?
  2. dd_ny

dd_ny New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    I'd say to go for the 4g, for the simple fact that the 3g will become obsolete before the 4g. Look at how they 1g isn't supported anymore.

Megapixels only determine the size of the picture. I think the iPod takes decently sized photos. Unless you plan on printing the pictures, don't worry about the megapixels. They are more than sufficient.

Also keep in mind that the quality of the pictures taken by the iPod touch is comparable to that of the quality of the iPhone 4 under the right settings (meaning, under good lighting, since the it has no flash).