On Screen, square circleish button thingy

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TheWorldsFake, Jul 4, 2010.

1. TheWorldsFake

TheWorldsFake New Member

So as of late, my ipod Touch 2g has been a bit on the fritz, every once in a while, the main button on the bottom with press itself, though the button is not physically being pushed by me. If I actually push the button myself, the music menu will come up, and if I push the off screen button, it will either take a screenshot, or if I'm lucky it will go to sleep; which seconds later, it may or may not come back up.

I already have the latest version updated to the ipod, so I'm not entirely sure what to do, seeing as how this was happening before I installed the update, thinking it would fix it. PLEASE HELP ME!

And if nobody can really get an answer, I may take it to an Apple store for a replacement, at which I need some other help. How can I remove a case on the ipod that is kind of stuck, not with glue, it's just stuck. This is the case: http://www.goincase.com/products/detail/metallic-monochrome-slider-cl56392 here's another example: http://www.ifans.com/forums/imgcache/15070.png The case has rubber lining on the inside that I just can't get to let go, so if anyone has an idea, THANKS ahead of time!
  2. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Well sounds like your home button itself is stuck for one.
  3. Ohifriend

Ohifriend New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'd take it to the Apple Store, especially if you have warrenty still.
  4. TheWorldsFake

TheWorldsFake New Member

Alrighty then, anyone have any tips on how to get the cover off?
  5. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    I'm not sure, try really hard?