OMG my ipod restarts computer

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Logannn, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Logannn

Logannn New Member

OMG!!! how the heck do i fix this? i have an ipod touch adn i plug it into the computer and it restarts the computer. it wont charge or anything. Right now its laying by me unable to turn on becuz its not charged!!!! please help me i would really appreciate it!
  2. tinyman392

tinyman392 Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I doubt you're telling the truth about your iPod restarting the computer... In order to do this, your iPod has to run a command called restart from the command lines. This is unlikely because the iPod can't do no such thing.

If your iPod won't charge on the computer get a power adapter for you to plug it into the wall, unless it restarts that too... LOL JK... But seriously, use a power adapter, the also charge the iPod a lot faster.
  3. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It could however have a virus that causes BSOD. (Which a simple restart can fix).
  4. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Or you could just be having some serious Driver issues or IRQ conflicts. reboot the machine into safe mode and see if the problem persists, if not, go back to normal Windows and reinstall the new version of iTunes, if the problem occured after a recent upgrade of iTunes, downgrade back to 7.7 (the original) if all else fails, uninstall the iPod drivers via the device manager and then let Windows install drivers again when you plug the device in. Uninstall any p2p applications such as limewire, there is a threat of a trojan lying in your system waiting for you to plug your device in and when you do IT sends the command to reboot. There could be many things wrong, but I need more info to help.
  5. removed_user02

removed_user02 New Member

Do you have a camera hooked into your computer? I read something about logitec camera and ipod drivers conficting with each other.
  6. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

impossible for an iPod to do this, it has to imput the "reboot" command.

which it is incapable of doing

perhaps your drivers are conflicting, or there's something really wrong with your USB port
  7. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

Your iPod is haunted.. Try to get an exorist to pour holy water on it.
  8. ThatGEEKFreak

ThatGEEKFreak Active Member

Device:
    iPad 3
    Ya or drop it in the toilet, that works just as well.
  9. zephyrnok

zephyrnok Member

A holy toilet.
  10. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

or there's always the fan favorite: put it in a fat womans sandwhich and wait for it to come out...

...the other* end...