OMG i need help this is so annoying

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by harmeet, Mar 10, 2009.

1. harmeet

harmeet New Member

omg this is so dumb of me. i have a jailbroken ipod touch 2g and i wanted to change the text on the lock screen that says "slide to unlock" and i saw this video on youtube its like i ssh my ipod to computer and then i go into system/library/coreservices/english/springboard.app/springboard.strings
    or something like that and i copied the springboard.strings to my desktop and opened it with microsoft word. and i pressed CTRL+F and found the text that said "slide to unlock" and i thought i knew what i was doing and i changed it into something dumb like "slide to kill bowser" and that was too long and it just messed everything up and when i copied it back to my ipod on Winscp i restarted the springboard and where it use to say "slide to unlock" it said "AWAY_LOCK..." so i went back to springboard.strings and found all words that had "AWAY_LOCK" in it and changed it to "slide to unlock" and that messed EVERYTHING up and now instead of it saying "%20 of battery remaining" it says "LOW_BATTERY_MSG" and other things messed up like when i hold down power then it says "POWER_OFF" and under that it says "POWER_OFF_CANCEL"
    im really sorry for the novel that i wrote

Please Register or Log in to view images

but i was wondering if anyone could help me fix this problem or if theres a way like someone uploading there unmodified springboard.strings file and me trying to put it on my ipod. THANKS!
  2. leadergo

leadergo Active Member

3. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Honestly, your best bet is to just do a complete restore from the original firmware file you downloaded from Apple originally to jail-break your iPod Touch. Then, re-jail-break it and re-sync. Next time make sure you know what your doing before you actually do it!