Omg Help Please!!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by TSOnTheDrums8892, Jan 1, 2008.

1. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    idk what to do! i just plugged in my iPod to my computer and the apple logo showed up on th ipod ALONG with flashing white and black bars! i DONT know what to do! PLEAS HELP ME!!! i'm scared.....
  2. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Weird. Did you somehow used the Screenshot application by any chance before this weird thing happened?
    Can you go to the home screen or your iPod is stuck on the apple logo screen? Also is iTunes able to recognize your iPod?
    If it can't recognize your iPod then you may want to put your iPod to recovery mode (similar as the "Restore" button but is used in an emergency). You can do this by:
    1. Connecting your iPod to your computer
    2. Launch iTunes if it does not launch automatically
    3. On your iPod, hold press the home button then press the off button for few seconds. Let go of the off button while home button is still pressing the home button. Wait until iTunes ask you for the recovery mode.
    4. Click Yes
    5. iTunes should start restoring your iPod back to its original settings.

Remember: This will wipe out your iPod's data including music, movies, and will no longer be jailbroken.
  3. TSOnTheDrums8892

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes! actually i did have the Screenshot application installed and iTunes did recognize my ipod but it was frozen while "syncing" so i had to do a force restore and restore everything. I dont think I will rejailbreak...

and i couldnt get past the apple logo screen (because my batt had died, and thats why it was on that screen) I was SOOO scared, I'm glad i figured it out though. I wonder why the screenshot app would do that....
  4. hotwater10

hotwater10 Banned

im sorry but i think the ipot is nuttin with ut jailbreaking.....well its still good but etter jailbroken
  5. TSOnTheDrums8892

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah, but there are too many risks involved, idk if its worth it. This little incident really gave me a scare, so maybe again in the future, but for now....... NO
  6. deveelx

deveelx New Member

Yup. I clearly understand you about not re-jailbreaking your iPod. That screenshot incident happened to my iPod as well..it totally freaked me out. I had ghoosebumps and all. lol. But I stayed calm and did the recovery mode. Then I was safe.
    I was still willing to jailbreak my iPod so i did but never installed Screenshot again.

Somehow Screenshot can't pass through the springboard/unlock screen. It'll get stuck. I think there's a solution to this but it's way too risky. I'll re-install Screenshot when it's stable.

Well, its good that you have your iPod back working again.
  7. TSOnTheDrums8892

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Oh yeah definitely im so glad, and thank you for your help. and its too bad because i REALLY loved that screenshot application, it was amazing, especially in combination with the mail app, because that blew away the need to SSH into the filesystem to retreive the pictures. Oh well, i can almost guarantee that i'll probly jailbreak again sometime....