omg dev teams

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by berky93, Jun 4, 2008.

1. berky93

berky93 New Member

people, I know that there arent as many great apps as you want coming out. I know that your'e sad about the davteam becoming a steaming pile of nothingness.

but the turth is, you really need to stop trying to start a new dev team. just because you want to, it doesnt mean magically the greatest coders and graphics people are going to assemble under you and make great apps. IF you ARE a coder, you can get together with other coders and make apps. then, when you find that you have found a group of people who can ACTUALLY WORK WELL TOGETHER to make apps, look for people to make graphics. if you find that, then you have a dev team. congrats. but on this page alone theres like 3 threads "I'm going to start a dev team" and you know how many of those people can code? 0! in fact, only one can even use photoshop.

so please, to all of the noobs out there (because people who have been here a long time have realized its ridiculous) STOP MAKIKNG DEV TEAM REQUEST THREADS! seriously, no one wants to hear more bullsh*t dreams about the "greatest dev team, which is working on porting linux and line rider to the ipod!' because all thats going to happen is a tiny bit of server space will be wasted, and a small portion of a bunch of people's lives will be wasted.

also, its annoying to see those threads every 5 posts.

Please Register or Log in to view images

don't let me discourage you, go out, try to assemble a group of coders and graphic designers and try to make something good! but you don't need to tell everyone about it before you even have ONE PERSON!
  2. BroadStBullies

BroadStBullies Well-Known Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just saw a thread like that earlier. I mean if they if your thinkig of starting one and your a coder havent you relized that if you are not on a team yet than your probably not any good.
  3. berky93

berky93 New Member

that I kinda disagree with - there are plenty of good coders who work alone.

but the point is sound - unless youre a coder, you cant start a dev team. because until you GET a coder, its just a "think of cool app ideas" team
  4. micaheljcaboose

micaheljcaboose Well-Known Member

I agree with you. All team leaders should be at least near the levels of skill as most of their coders. Most just want to give them ideas and want their name on everything.
  5. berky93

berky93 New Member

or can use paint to put their app's name into a preexisting UI, so they decide theyre graphic geniuses who need a dev team to make apps for them