Omg Album Artwork transfer

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by justusb, Jan 20, 2008.

1. justusb

justusb New Member

OMG!

I spent 5+ hours fixing album artwork for my songs.

Then I needed to reformat my computer, so I backed up my songs and my iTunes folder under the "My Music" folder. This iTunes folder also contains an Album Artwork folder with loooaaads of strange files. So I figured this would be enough.

I reformated my computer, same iTunes version, put the songs back into the same folder structure etc (same paths to every song). HOWEVER, all the album artwork is gone except for those that magically appeared originally (like 1% of all).

Please tell me there's a magical solution to this. Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. cowboyz

cowboyz New Member

In iTunes, go to Advanced and then click Get Album Artwork.
  3. justusb

justusb New Member

Yeah but like it finds artwork for some 10% at most.

I spend a day googling album covers and adding them manually and all that seems to be gone now.

Any ideas how to get them back with the backup I did as described in the first post? Many thanks
  4. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    use fixtunes to get the names exactly right then itunes will find the artwork
  5. justusb

justusb New Member

I'll look into that when I get home (currently at uni. and now I hate being at uni as there's no cisco VPN client or 802.1x support for iphone/touch, arghhh).

Thanks!
  6. drunkmunk

drunkmunk New Member

I use a separate app called MP3 Tag&Rename that looks up the info on either Amazon or Freedb. and then embeds the album art in the tag. that way the album art and tags are good in more than just itunes. you might want to try something like that if your about to go back through your catalog to avoid it happening again.
  7. quicklook2

quicklook2 New Member

coverhunt.com will save you some time next time you are looking for album/cd covers.
  8. Yakken

Yakken New Member

I just tried fixtunes yesterday I have to say that must be the suckiest program I have ever used on any of my files! The program seems really sophisticated and it locates most information perfectly, but then things started to go wrong...
    I thought it might be nice to have some additional info on each song, so I had it added these things to the albums that iTunes already knew, but somehow it managed to add the information to the wrong songs! The results was that I would have songs by e.g. U2 renamed to e.g. Linkin Park and so on for most of my albums! Every single album on my computer is now corrupted, with at least one field in the ID3 being complete wrong.

On top of this, the program has a really hard time dealing with "Best of" albums as it just downloads the cover art for which ever album the song originally appeared on, with no regard for the album name already entered.

Worst 10$ I have ever spent!

9. Manic Nimrod

Manic Nimrod Well-Known Member

IS there one that actually works. I have tried the ones suggested in this thread
  10. Packman

Packman New Member