Omfg i bombed the jailbreak process bad!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by aakhmwl, Jun 22, 2009.

1. aakhmwl

aakhmwl Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ok, so here goes. i got the ipod 3.0 firmware. i got redsnow. i got my 2g ipod touch. i went about trying to jailbreak. stupidly of me, i forgot to update to the 3.0 frimware so i was dumping the 3.0 ipsw onto ther redsnow app and itd do stuff and my ipod would say installing jailbreak blah blah blah. well redsnow would say it was done, but my ipod would show the same image. so i restarted and tried again. no go. i fiinally noticed i didnt update the firmware. i went and did so and tried redsnow. well it did some stuff andf alas, my ipod showed a white screen! WHAT IS THIS!? i say. no. i restored to the plain old 3.0 firmware and now my ipod restores to the white screen and i can restart and boot into 3.0 but if i put my ipod into sleep mode and bring it back, i get a white screen, but i can slide my finger across the slider and hear my ipod unlock. wtf is wrong? sometimes is goes to the white screen and gets stuck and lots of other stuff. any ideas?

im thinking of maybe formatting my ipod completely and trying again but ill wait for a second opinion. OPINIONS!? =D
  2. Kid Dynomite

Kid Dynomite New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There is suppose to be a white screen when jailbreaking. . . just put it into DFU mode and shift click restore to OFW.
  3. johonto

johonto New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    maybe ur 3.0 ipsw is broken..

DFU then connect to itunes.... click restore.

presto!

make sure u gots official 3.0 firmware and latest version of redsn0w
  4. aakhmwl

aakhmwl Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    haha, guys. i wouldnt have asked if i didnt already try everything i can think of ^^; i restopred then jailbreaked twice. no go. i then restored to the normal 3.0 ipsw and the issue is still there

anybody support formatting the entire ipod hardrive?
  5. tallbus1

tallbus1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    This is what you're going to do:
    1. Put your Ipod into DFU
    2. Click update in itunes, and get a clean3.0
    3. Use redsnow
    4. Be Patient
    5. Have fun.
    6. If this doesnt work for you, find the nearest hammer and hit your ipod until it complies
  6. SiN Altr Ego EL

SiN Altr Ego EL New Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    seriously.. one that last comment is VERY unnecessary.. and 2, u have to DFU restore for a CLEAN 3.0. if u just update, u don't lose anything, and ur just writing over ur old firmware with the new one. any issues that u had with the old FW will remain. with a DFU restore, everything is gone and ur ipod is truly CLEAN.

so... @OP: DFU restore. don't update. put ur ipod into DFU mode. just to make sure that everything works and u don't get a white screen. if u don't, then ur good to go, run redsn0w, and make sure its 7.2 (which i believe is the latest version), and then enjoi. other than that, if u get the white screen... i'd say... take it back 2 ur apple store.
  7. aakhmwl

aakhmwl Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i liked the last comment ^^ it verbalizes what ive wanted to do for a couple days

and ill be doing a dfu restore today. ill tell ya the results
  8. tallbus1

tallbus1 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    See, he liked it there was no need to mother anyone, its not like anyone cares what you have to say anyway.
  9. aakhmwl

aakhmwl Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    tallbus, dont be rude, you made me laugh, and sin helped me understand a DFUrestore. you both helped, so thats it. dont start flaming.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Just performed a DFUrestore, turned my screen off (sleep mode) and turned my screen back on to be greeted by a white screen :/