Omfg, could not load ipsw

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by sheo, Feb 2, 2009.

1. sheo

sheo Member

Hey all, can you guys help me with this COULD NOT LOAD IPSW crap?
    EVERYTHING IS IN THE RIGHT PLACE.
    I downloaded 3 "2.2.1 firmwares" from Apple, felixbruns, and [PIRACY.mu].
    I know how to use command prompt to start hashing the IPSW.
    I downloaded the firmware.bundles
    I STILL KEEP GETTING THE COULD NOT LOAD IPSW crap! Can anyone of you just give me a damn link of your patched firmware? Or can you help me with this crap? Sorry for the language but I am pissed off seeing as how I am still stuck on the same step for over 6 hours.

I am running Windows XP SP2 32 Bit
  2. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Which guide are you using? Try using pheonix_1001's (sp?) guide. It has a bat file that creates a custom FW without having to move files, etc.
  3. sheo

sheo Member

I used it, I put my XPWN folder in the folder with the .bat files. I opened createFW.bat... I STILL GET THE error: Could not load IPSW crap. I used the GUI program, XPWN, even RedSn0w lite! I STILL GET THE ERROR. Redownloaded everything, nope, still get the damn error. Someone can you PM me the link of your custom firmware? I give up. I even tried it on my other Windows XP SP2 computer.
  4. Sir Cumference

Sir Cumference New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    READ EVERYTHING on the readme and try again. What you are telling me right now shows that you didn't read.
  5. sheo

sheo Member

Ok I read the Readme 3 times.

I read the readme 3 times.

Yes I understand this is a "TETHERED" jailbreak. I have your boot.bat file. I deleted everything I got and rebooted my computer. I have the jailbreak folder and it is on my desktop.

I downloaded iRecovery for windows. I saved it in the jailbreak folder in my desktop. I extracted it and deleted the .zip file. I double-clicked the LibUSB-Win32 Setup and installed it.

I don't have a Jailbreak.ipsw. I downloaded the xpwn-windows-nightly.zip. I extracted it and deleted the zip. I moved the iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a.bundle folder to my Firmware Bundles folder of xpwn, all inside my jailbreak folder on my desktop. I downloaded the 2.2.1 firmware.ipsw at felixbruns.de and saved it in my Xpwn-0.5.7-win32. I double clicked "createFW.bat". I see it opens the command prompt, it says "press any key to continue, the batch file will create a custom ipsw if.... all that." Then I see it says Hashing IPSW... I wait, then it says matching IPSW in firmware bundles, then it checks the firmware bundles, then I STILL get the error: could not load IPSW, I have now created a custom firmware... message appears, I didnt find it in my xpwn folder.

Omg, I give up, can someone just send me their PatchedFW/CustomFW.ipsw?
  6. tsunami643

tsunami643 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yeah man, I'm having the same problem, with LuxTouch redsnow1.4 and xpwn, it's hair rippingly annoying.
  7. WhightKnight

WhightKnight Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Same problem bro...and error 1403 too!
  8. Qartin

Qartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    try to run as administrator if that helps.

Right click and run as administrator if in vista.

Also make sure that the path names are correct. Do not name the fireware in the folder OriginalFW.ipsw or it will be OriginalFW.ipsw.ipsw. Also make sure that the patch is put into the correct folder.

If not you have the wrong firmware
  9. sheo

sheo Member

Ok I REDOWNLOADED the iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a.IPSW aka 2.2.1 Firmware again, renamed it OriginalFW.ipsw... I ticked out the "Hide Extensions for known file types" In the Tools>Folder Options>View and saw that it is NOT OriginalFW.ipsw.ipsw... I still get the error : Could not load IPSW. I DO NOT run Vista, even tried the Run as Administrator on XP... Still the same error : Could not load IPSW
  10. IxI Dan IxI

IxI Dan IxI New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Dont you have to rename the file to "OriginalFW"