Omegle is full of child predators!

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by mossme89, Jan 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mossme89

mossme89 Member

Has anybody used the iPhone app Omegle? Basically, the premise is that it hooks you up with a random person to just talk anonymously. Sounds cool right? Well it stinks.

I used it today with striking up a bit of banter with another internet user, preferabbly about politics, news, or the NFL playoff games today. My first 7 chats were either un-responsive with the person disconnecting, or some person asking questions only a child predator should ask such as "male or female", "age", "msn or aim". One guy even asked "are you horny".

So moral of the story, it should really be called Ped-Omegle for being connected to child predators. Try it out at the omegle website. I'm willing to bet that the majority of the time you will be connected to a child predator.
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Lighten up. They only ask "asl" and such. They're not saying 'i would like to have relations with a child' or anything.

I only use it for a quick troll though.
  3. mossme89

mossme89 Member

Why would they even ask that if they didn't want a relationship with a child?
  4. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Well, "asl' stands for age, sex, location, so maybe they are looking for people their age.
    ¬_¬
  5. cypherpunk

cypherpunk New Member

Has it ever occured to you that:
    1) They don't have any way of even knowing you're a child, given that that application matches people up randomly? You surely can't expect them to be psychic and cut off the connection if they get connected to someone too young? It's hardly their fault.
    2) They might just be interested in getting to know you and have an idea of your interest, again given that the software matches people RANDOMLY?
    3) Even assuming they were after a relationship, they might actually be a kid themselves and just want a relationship with someone the same age as them?

But no, I suspect you're a troll, so it's best if no one wastes their time replying again.
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You should try the video version for a good laugh.
  7. Flea

Flea New Member

Device:
    iPad
    they're just making conversation
    like the other guy said maybe they just want to talk with someone their age about similar stuff.
    Example: One guy is 20s wants to talk football and the playoffs, so he asks asl: the guy replies 22/M/NYC so they see they're both guys, both in 20s, probs have similar interest.
  8. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Or the guy starts hitting on you, asking for an exchange of pictures and then the inevitable ensuing gay cybersex. Seriously guys, don't pretend you've never used Omegle.
  9. Flea

Flea New Member

Device:
    iPad
    I've used Omegle and Chatroulette
  10. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Exactly. Don't pretend you've never used it. There's no football talk on that website.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.