Older app version

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Kallen, Sep 14, 2009.

1. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I had posted this 2 days ago. This morning it was still here (no replies). Since that time, someone has been kind enough to delete my post. Since there is no mention of this in "Crime and Punishment" nor did I receive a PM from any mods stating a reason or warning, I am going to post again.

I'd like to know if it's possible to reinstall an older version of an app store app. There's been quite a few times I go to the appstore and I get a notice that "X" has an update. The description of fixes sounds ok so I update...just to find out that the new version is bad. Maybe it doesn't work right, maybe it just sucks. For both of these reason I have wanted to be able reinstall the older BETTER version, but there's not an option in app store to do that (that i know of). Possible??
  2. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I really don't think you can do that legally. Unless you are willing to do something illegal (paid apps for free) you can't.
  3. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I think when you update an app, your old .ipa files get moved to the Recycle Bin. Try restoring them, locate them and double click on them; you should see that iTunes opens, processes the file, and the old app should appear in your application library.

I say should because I have never tried this process (or rather, I have never tried to restore an old version of an app). But, based on the general knowledge of how ipa's work, this method should work. Even if it doesn't, it will do no harm to your computer.
  4. iPhondTouch3G

iPhondTouch3G Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    ohhh yeah, SilentWalker is right! I forgot about that!
  5. Kallen

Kallen Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Oh sweet. Thanks, I will DEF try this!! Thank you.