old version of summerboard

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by therobinsonator, Dec 3, 2007.

1. therobinsonator

therobinsonator New Member

where can i get this i cant find one thanks the new one messed mine up before
  2. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Um, hmm. That's a good question. You might just want to send PlanetBeing a PM to see if he responds. Barring that, I really don't know where you would look. Maybe there's someone here who has an old version.

Or, we could try to fix the issues you are having. What is the problem?
  3. therobinsonator

im not having issues now ive restored what was happening is that when i came out of the installer it was like before i installed summerboard (ya know with out a theme) then i tried resetting it that worked fine but after that the apple logo stayed there for like an hour eventually i got mad and restored it

but while the logo was up i could still sync things to it witch was really weird
  4. SkylarEC

Yes, what was happening was the the permissions on Summerboard weren't correct, therefore the iPod wasn't executing it. All the other LaunchDemons, since they weren't touched by the SummerBoard install were able to Launch (hence WiFi).

Replacing the com.apple.springboard.plist causes the SummerBoard to launch instead of SpringBoard, which is why the permissions are critical.

I think there was a short period where the download via Installer did not set the permissions. You should be fine with the new update now.
  5. therobinsonator

Ok Ill Try It Know Thanks A Lot Skylar Ur The Best

Ok Now I Hae Changed A Theme And Im Afraid To Turn It Off Should I See If The Permissions Are Right?

I Found A Asian Version With The Blaze Its Called 3.0b1
  6. SkylarEC

I would go with the official version out of the official Installer source before I would ever touch SummerBoard from any other repository.

But yes, your iPod should restart.
  7. therobinsonator

Sick It Works Thanks