Old School Arcade Games

Discussion in 'iTunes App Store Games & Apps' started by applover, Jul 11, 2009.

1. applover

applover New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    So it seems there are a lot of remakes of old school arcade games out there right now. Everytime I check the top download list I always see a couple in there.

I recently released my app Jetman Jack. It is of this retro/old school. It is an old school throwback to the classic Helicopter Game also known as Jetman on Facebook. It is basically a better version of iCopter. It is the only app so far to actually get the controls of the app to match (and we think exceed) the controls of the original game. Also to jazz things up we wanted to throw in the sweet 8-bit graphics because this game is totally a game that we would have seen back in those days. Below is a screenshot. Go here to check it out on the app store or here for the official site with demo video, reviews, and more. It is a bargain at $0.99 and will keep you entertained for hours, so give it a try and tell me what you think.

Please Register or Log in to view images

JETMAN JACK screenshot

So what are your other favorite old school arcade games in the app store right now?
  2. iWishfull

iWishfull New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Dang that looks interesting. There's a space invaders one but forget what it's called...
  3. Radish

Radish Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    Jetman is also in the app store.
  4. studangerous

studangerous Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I saw a post somewhere that this was going to be free for a period soon?
  5. jnskyliner34

jnskyliner34 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Pole Position and Dig Dug.

6. TouchCast

TouchCast Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    No Jetman (just THE full name is jetman) was free

it now isn't anymore i thought..
    I've got it free, maybe you Guys too if you're lucky

7. applover

applover New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    actually it was free yesterday and is free today. Check it out while you can here!

Note: iTunes sucks and we are having some problems. We posted it back to $0.99 then decided to put it free and it is in limbo...in search results it shows as free but when you click it and you get to the app page it says $0.99. So I guess you have a 50-50 chance of getting it for free? haha. We are working on it and probably extend the free-ness until Wednesday sometime. Get it while you can! oh and don't forget to write us up an honest, 5-star review!