Old Ipod to PC to Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Corsairkid, Oct 4, 2007.

1. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, I had about 400 songs on my old 1G nano that I didn't have on my PC. I did the thing where you view hidden folders and I successfully got my songs onto Itunes. The problem comes when I try to drag them to my Touch. I get a little exclamation mark next to every song. I click on the song and it says "Song Name" cannot be used because the original file cannot be found. Woudl you like to locate it? Does anyone know where I should go from here? How do I get those songs on my touch?!?!
  2. SaMaster14

SaMaster14 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    well, all i know is that happened to me when i was switching computers. You need to have the song file on your computer. If you only have the names, or the files are only on your old Ipod than you have a problem. You need to get the full song files onto the music folder of your computer.
  3. SoFellLordPerth16

SoFellLordPerth16 New Member

plug your old ipod in, use iDump, dump your music to a folder, drag the folder to itunes. TADA! Music has returned.
  4. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ill try this, thanks for your help.
  5. Corsairkid

Corsairkid New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Updated: Ok I used iDump and it worked! However, I didn't feel like paying $15 for the "pro" version so I had to use standard version. This meant that I had to upload each song individually to a folder, then drag them to iTunes. It took about 2 hrs for 400 songs. But, I am happy b/c I have all my music on my touch!